24 Years Old, Micro Laser Peel Combined with Profractional for Mild to Moderate Acne Scars/uneven Texture - Riverhead, NY

***Long Read, but very informative I assure...

***Long Read, but very informative I assure you!***

I've had acne since I was twelve and just found out I also have rosacea. After years and years of finally figuring it out (hormones, genes, and not the best diet) I have finally rid myself of the acne, but have been left with mild to moderate scarring and hyper pigmentation. For the last 4 months, I have previously done 2 fraxel laser treatments (I am unsure if it was repair or restore) on a setting frequency of 30. These helped quite a decent amount with my hyper pigmentation, but minutely helped with the texture/box car scars that were on the majority of my face.

I was also left with persistent redness that would NOT subside even after a few months, though I was told it would go away within a week or two. As someone who has mild rosacea and extremely hyper sensitive skin, I found out with some research that the fraxel laser can trigger rosacea in some people (though it may not do this for everyone). I believe this is why I have continuous redness that simply will not go away. I consulted my laser technician, and she simply told me "it should be gone by now" and did absolutely nothing to help me in my situation.

After dealing with quite a lot of unprofessionalism with her, I decided to find another dermatologist.

My new laser technician was honest with me and told me what I was in for, she warned me that after the micro laser peel and profractional, I would not look pretty, but something rather out of a horror film.

Yesterday (April 14, 2014) I got it done. First I was given some numbing cream, and then I was further injected with another numbing product into my cheeks and more heavily scarred areas. After all of that settled into my skin, I was brought in and the technician put protective goggles on me as well as cotton in my ears (for the loud zapping sounds) and went to work with the micro laser peel. It was slightly uncomfortable but didn't really hurt and wasn't anything I couldn't handle. Took about ten minutes.

Then she started the profractional. This one was okay in some areas, and HURT LIKE HELL in other areas. They injected me a bit more with some numbing product to make me even more comfortable, which did help me a lot with the rest of the procedure. She did the profractional in the areas that has the deepest scars. I want to say it took 15-20 minutes in total. I could smell my skin burning the entire time.

After all was said and done, my face felt like it was on FIRE. It was HIGHLY uncomfortable. The technician then put an ice face mask on me with some gauze, turned off the lights, gave me two cozy blankets, and shut the door to allow me to relax while the heat was drawn out from the ice. After about twenty minutes the pain and burning completely subsided and I even fell asleep.

When I was woken up, she gave me a special paraben-free ointment specifically for the aftercare of laser treatments, a sample of organic mineral makeup, a bunch of gauze, and lots of samples of a lighter moisturizer with sp30 in it when I am able to go out in the sun. I was told to take 3 ibuprofen around dinner time to help with the swelling, and she gave me the face ice mask to use at home.

Thanks for sharing! I am eager to hear your update!!!
How's it healing? Good?
Hi..Thanks for sharing this. I am going to do dermabrasion in the coming week. Did u ever had thought in doing that? How are you? Did u see any improvements?
Tara Pedrone

Tara was AMAZING. She was so unbelievably kind and reassuring, honest and informative, and she listened to everything I had to say and answered any questions. She told me that if had any issues at all to contact her at any time for help. The staff was just so wonderful and friendly. The office is beautiful and sanitary. Everyone went out of their way to make me feel comfortable and reassured.