Definitely NOT Worth It! - East Lyme, CT

I have to agree with the other posters who regret...

I have to agree with the other posters who regret their smartlipo decision and choice of doctor. Dr. L in East Lyme. It's been 10 months since I had my thighs done and they look worse now than they did prior to Smartlipo. The initial consultation consisted of a lengthy Powerpoint presentation proclaiming all the wonderful benefits of this minimally invasive lipo procedure. "you can go to work the next day". His speel was that he only does one patient a day so that he can concentrate on "sculpting" the area for best results. Yeah, right.

The procedures are done in-office. His "sculpting" of my thighs was to remove only the natural inner thigh curve without following the contour down. The result is a very lumpy, uneven inner thigh with no contour left. I had chubby natural looking thighs before, now I have lumpy thighs that will look very silly in a bathing suit.

The Dr. I chose was not a cosmetic surgeon by specialty. His website says he was a gynecologist. His wife Kathy does the laser procedures and is not a nurse. The staff is very friendly, I will say that.

I don't know what I was thinking; occasionally I see his sign out front advertising his Smartlipo service on one of those A frame signs like you see outside a deli or something. With all the money he's raking in (thousands of $ a day) you'd think he'd buy something a little more professional. Huge red flag!!!!

At some point I'll go to a real cosmetic surgeon and have this mess fixed, but right now it's just a daily reminder of a very poor decision. I wouldn't trust him to fix it as he made the mess in the first place and considered it a "good result".

I forgot to mention he charges extra for the...

I forgot to mention he charges extra for the compression garment you have to wear after lipo... I know you're paying for it one way or another, but other plastic surgeons don't come out & tell you it's extra on top of the huge fee... they just say their fee "covers everything" except the hospital charges. Just one more thing that shows the greed involved in his practice!
Dr. Lane

Not good at what he does. Never have cosmetic surgery performed by someone not trained in that as his specialty.

Hi. I'm sorry that you had to go through such a horrible experience. I have an appointment scheduled with the same Dr. for tomorrow and now I will definitely cancel it!

Thank you for your review and I hope everything works out for you.

I'm so sorry to hear about your bad experience but thank you for posting your story and adding your voice to our Smart Lipo community. Have you been on any consultations to see how much it will cost to get a revision?

I haven't because I don't have the money right now & I'm embarrassed to admit to a "real" cosmetic surgeon I paid for this mess... I also forgot to mention, the scars that can be left are red & hard... the are very ugly & conspicuous. Stay away from "Smart (not!) Lipo"!!!

Nothing to be embarrassed about. Even the best cosmetic surgeons sometimes have imperfect results. Believe me, plastic surgeons are used to dealing with less-than desirable outcomes and would never judge you for it. As a whole, they're pretty nice people. :)

In any case, I hope things get better for you and you're able to find someone who can help you. *hugs*