18 Hours Post-Op - East Lansing, MI

Hello All, 18 Hours since surgery. Chest...

Hello All,

18 Hours since surgery. Chest covered with ice packs. Just took second dose of antibiotics and third dose of Norco. I have a painbuster ball that seems to be keeping me pretty numb at the incision site.

My left breast has had more bleeding than the right. There is no sign of bleeding at all on the right whereas my left will need redressing as soon as my helper wakes up.

There isn't really any pain just soreness similar to if you had worked out really well. Leaning forward or any motion that causes activity at the incision spot UNDER the breast is a definite no no. Sharp needle like pain shoots out and reminds you to relax.

Once I slept off the anesthesia around 6:30pm my appetite slowly returned. I started with crackers and ended with a turkey sandwich. No nauseausness or dizziness so far.

All in all it's been pretty mellow. Two of my close friends have been with me all day but I haven't needed them to do very much aside from reaching for things.

I will update after my first shower and redress. I'll try to post some photos of before and now. Even though I'm swollen my two friends and I can definitely see a difference.

Before I go let me tell you one thing... ICE ICE ICE. I think the combo of the painbuster and the ice are the real reason I've been seemingly pain free.

Until next time,

Lansing Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Smith and his staff are truly concerned with the medical benefit surgery offers. Dr. Smith first wanted to alleviate my chronic neck and back pain and once he was sure he could THEN we discussed the aesthetic improvements that could be done. Dr. Smith made me very comfortable with his abilities and his staff was always available to answer questions and make sure I had what I needed.

Welcome to the community.   You are doing well so keep up the good work with the meds, ice and resting.  You will feel like a totally new woman and about one week.

Keep us up to date.