Restylane- Bad Reaction - Eagan, MN

I had Restylane for nasolabial lines. I am 41 year...

I had Restylane for nasolabial lines. I am 41 year old female with fair sensitive skin. Besides the visible bruising that lasted for 3 weeks, and the swelling that lasted 2 weeks my jaw on one side was so painful I could hardly stand it. That side of my face and jaw was swollen, painful for 3 days and I was already on doxycycline for acne. I ended up having to take prednisone to resolve the swelling. I also had a few little skin bumps like acne but not quite the same along where the injections were performed. I am very concerned that if I have this done again the reaction will be worse. The doctor/derm was aware I have rheumatoid arthritis if that is a factor at all? Can you please advise?

I should mention too I think the doctor is wonderful, I am just concerend to have touch ups done in 6-9 months, since this is not a permanent fix. I think my system just doesn't like whatever is in the Restylane.

Yes, I could see that. Others on the site have spoken of what they consider allergic reactions to the product. Keep us updated.

-Britt

Thank you for the welcome and the reply. Yes, I did tell him and he just said it was weird and proabably a coincidence. I felt it was a brush off answer. The bumps are clearing now. But it took 3+ weeks for my face to resemble my face again, which was not what I was expecting.
Tylie

The doctor is good overall. not sure this is a doctor issue versus a product issue.