Restylane- Bad Reaction - Eagan, MN

I had Restylane for nasolabial lines. I am 41 year...

I had Restylane for nasolabial lines. I am 41 year old female with fair sensitive skin. Besides the visible bruising that lasted for 3 weeks, and the swelling that lasted 2 weeks my jaw on one side was so painful I could hardly stand it. That side of my face and jaw was swollen, painful for 3 days and I was already on doxycycline for acne. I ended up having to take prednisone to resolve the swelling. I also had a few little skin bumps like acne but not quite the same along where the injections were performed. I am very concerned that if I have this done again the reaction will be worse. The doctor/derm was aware I have rheumatoid arthritis if that is a factor at all? Can you please advise?

The doctor is good overall. not sure this is a doctor issue versus a product issue.

I should mention too I think the doctor is wonderful, I am just concerend to have touch ups done in 6-9 months, since this is not a permanent fix. I think my system just doesn't like whatever is in the Restylane.

Yes, I could see that. Others on the site have spoken of what they consider allergic reactions to the product. Keep us updated.

-Britt

Thank you for the welcome and the reply. Yes, I did tell him and he just said it was weird and proabably a coincidence. I felt it was a brush off answer. The bumps are clearing now. But it took 3+ weeks for my face to resemble my face again, which was not what I was expecting.
Tylie

Hi Tylie,

Welcome to the community and thanks for the review. I'm sorry you have so far not had a very good experience with your procedure. I have heard others speak of the acne like bumps and have been told they eventually go away. Did you ask your doctor about the numbing and pain? Please keep us updated of how you are doing.

Thanks,