Painful, but Worth It - Durham, NC

I am 58 years old and had both Ulthera and Fraxel...

I am 58 years old and had both Ulthera and Fraxel Co2 lazer on my full face and neck. First let me tell you, Ulthera was much more painful than expected! I do not have a bad neck for my age, but was showing some lax skin under my chin. You know that little extra loose skin that folds when you bend your head down. Well, it is gone! My under eye area looks great, too. The reason I chose this doctor was the to get rid of the lines around my eyes and this is her area of expertise. I can really see the difference in my profile. I didn't get the brow lift, I was hoping for, but it is better and still improving. This will not replace a facelift, if you need one. But it does work and I am happy with my results so far.

Raleigh-Durham Oculoplastic Surgeon

This doctor does occuplasty and is well known. However, she sees too many people and it is like a zoo. There was a spot that was supposed to be done on my chest and was not on her chart. I was so wiped out after the procedure, I didn't know what was or was not done. I really like this doctor and think she is extremely talented. Her patients would be better served, if she were in a private practice. Duke has prestige, but you pay the price and it is not really a better place to have things like this done. Doctor was great, but her staff was not curteous. One of the things I really did not like, was the interns taking turns on my face. I paid full boat for the Doctor.

Wow, I am so sorry to hear how badly it affected you. so many women that have had good results, but I have heard of a small percentage of women that experienced a permanent loss of fat. You've been through a lot. It's important to post the good AND the bad. Thanks so much for sharing and good luck to you, I hope you can get this resolved and get to a good place. Take care and thanks again for responding.
Thank you! Actually, I was never warned of fat loss. I have talked to several people since and none were pleased with the results. Some say it did nothing at all. I wish that I could say that it did nothing and move on. Enough Doctors have seen me to spread the word. Many doctors are not happy that they put all of this hype out on the market and destroy people's faces. I wish you the best.
American...just wondering 9 months after your treatment if it is still holding or is it time for a redo at this point. No one seems to post this far past their treatment but it would be so helpful to know how long the treatment really lasts. Thanks so much for sharing. =)
gypsyjazzgirl. My face is ruined. The treatment caused fat atrophy and I have been everywhere trying to get it fixed. I saw a wonderful PS today and she said you don't need a lift, your skin has elasticity- You just need the fat back. She recommended a plastic surgeon that does mostly fat grafting in NJ. I am trying to set up a consultation now. Whatever you do.. Stay away from bad doctors and Ulthera. I should have come back and posted sooner. I had 2 cc Juviderm and 1 cc perlane put in my face and it is not close to enough. Ah, this is so stressful.
gypsyjazzgirl. One extra comment, Two reputable plastic surgeons just turned me away because I had the Ulthera treatment. Both said they had no idea how much damage was caused by the treatment. Ulthera contacted me, I sent them a picture and never heard anything back. Before I had the Ulthera treatment, I would have 1/2 cc of Restylane injected at the corners of my lips about every 6 months and some Botox.
My original post was under American. I thought this was going to work out well, until the swelling went down and kept on going down. You don't realize that your cheeks actually support your lips, until you lose that cheek fat. The questions and comments are coming back to Sharing. You can read my additional comments from Sharing.

I'm glad you are seeing good results already!! I would love to know how long it has been since you had each treatment done, and how much time you had in between them.