Latisse Not for African-Americans - Durham, NC

After only 2 weeks, I developed dark circles under...

After only 2 weeks, I developed dark circles under my lids. The discoloration faded after a few weeks of non use. Longer lashes do not look cute when you look like you've been punched in the eyes!

I have been a pretty faithful Latisse user for over a year now. I have two brand new bottles that are going in the trash today. Unfortunately, it took me this long to realize what the product has been doing to me. Just turning 40 I assumed that my dark circles were due to aging and lack of sleep. The whites of my eyes are also not as bright as they once were (I never drink and do not smoke). I have to attribute this all to Latisse based on the research I've done. As someone posted above, longer lashes are not cute when accompanied by two black eyes. I.am.done!!

Any one can get the darkened pigment. My Asian friend did. I have not and I am caucasian. I went to Target and bought an $8 eyeliner brush. It's SUPER skinny so you use less product. The brushes that come with Latisse are too thick in my opinion. I would recommend a thinner brush and try using it every other night instead. I use 2 drops and I put them in the lid. I dip once and do one lash line. I dip again and do the other side. Then I use the remainder on my eyebrows. They're nice and full now and my eyelashes are KILLER long, darker and fuller. I would try these tips before I abandon it altogether. Remember, sometimes less is more!
today I bought a lash brush but only put one drop in the top and I feel more product made it on my inner lash instead of the brushes that come with the product...this will definitely extend the product!!! Thank you!
I'm finding around a 15% complication rate with Latisse. So please be aware of the possible problems. I charge for the first month only at $120, so if patient has a reaction the only $ loss is that. Be careful out there. Regards Dr. Darryl J. Blinski, MIAMI
Hi, sorry that that happened to you. I also had darkining but found that if I used a lip liner instead of the bruches that come with latisse it helps because your using less of the product which equals less irritation. Also just use it on the upper lids. I had a hard time the first three weeks until I backed off a little bit. I now have eyelashes and eye brows and the product lasted two and a half months. I hope this helps you. :0)
Thanks a bunch. Maybe I won't throw it out and will try again.