Palomar Laser Treatment for Old Acne Scarring - Durban North, South Africa

I was very nervous about my first appointment...

I was very nervous about my first appointment today, especially the downtime, but after years of putting up with acne scarring, pitted, rolling etc and pigmentation recently caused by the pill, i decided to do it! I chose a reputable dermatologist and took half an anxiety pill beforehand! First the numbing cream went on, then a brief wait of about 30 minutes. The setting was on 40, which i believe is a good place to start on your first appointment to see how your skin reacts - I had also made it clear that i needed to be out in public the next day! The sensation is a pricking one, which on the first pass was fine, the 2nd pass ok, but by the 3rd (and final) pass I was actually flinching and my eyes were watering! Especially close to the nose area! But, nothing too unbearable and no pain no gain I guess! Afterwards there was a stinging, burning sensation and the technician put some ice packs on for a few minutes which really helped. I was terrified to look in the mirror, expecting the worst - but it really wasn't too bad - yes it was red and slightly swollen, but nothing that would alarm passers by. I had the treatment this morning, and by late afternoon the stinging had completely stopped, and the redness had settled to a more rosy sunburned pink. I was told there would be visible results in 2 to 3 weeks, but that I would need at least another 2 treatments to reach satisfactory results - and to wear sunblock everyday for the next few months.

How are the scars now?
Hi there :) Glad you took the time to share your review with us - sounds like everything went great! How are you feeling today?

Performed by Dermatologist's technician Explained procedure, what to expect afterwards etc