Crooked Nose 42 - Duluth, MN

I had a rhinoplasty in 1991 to straighten the nose...

I had a rhinoplasty in 1991 to straighten the nose. I remember the doctor telling me there is no such thing as a nose job. It straighten up a bit but as I aged it became more crooked from an accident. I'm not really sure when I broke it. I do have a picture and it was pretty bad looking (post op), and I remember the headache. In 2014, I seen dr. Saldana in duluth mn. He specializes in fave deformities. I think I'm in good hands. He spent a lot of time just staring at my nose, and he thinks that he can fix this. I'm so tired of only talking to people with my good side or avoiding pictures. My date is June 4th.

I'm glad you decided to have surgery to fix your nose. 2 months ago I had a revision and I am happy I did. All the best in your journey. I look forward to reading your updates.
Hi Lillyvan77, hope your surgery goes well and you are satisfied with the results. I will be following your progress and sending you positive thoughts. Thanks for sharing your story and photo and please keep us posted :)

Two weeks

Almost two weeks to my surgery. Just looking at that picture makes me want to do it tomorrow!

for*
Good luck.Big hug fot you
It will be nice for you to see some improvement in your nose! June will be here before you know it!

Today's appointment

I see Dr. Saldana for the last apointment before the surgery next week. He is very king and patient. I am feeling pretty good. I'm just going to jump in. He thinks that maybe that accident I had in my teens broke my cheek bone and nose. Funny, my parents brought me to the er. The left side of my body was all cut up, and no one thought to check? Anyway, I'm ready to do this. Thank you for all your positive comments. I have been hiding it from my family. They are always so negative. I'll try to post the day of.

The doctor is going to break my nose and straighten it, replace cartilage on the right side and make the ends even!!

So excited and scared.!!

Ws your nose broken the first time around, as well? Hope you are recovering well! xx

Three days to go.

I have been taking pictures and showing the kids. My 6 year old said you have a problem and it's bad mom. I guess I'm looking for reasons to go through with it. I'm just so scared of the pain. I'm so scared! I'm trying to keep busy.

praying for you ! I know what you mean by being "scared" keep us posted. it will be over before you knew it and you ll be happy again, that s my wish for you..good luck and God bless!

Tomorrow

Well, tomorrow's my big day. I'll keep updating on recovery. So scared!

Hope everything went Well ! And You have a fast recovery
Good luck for you! Mine surgery in oktober very long.but now im scary

Done!

I'm 3 hours post. Pain is minimal. I'm not even bruised. I think it's because I started the arnica. The doctor took cartilage from both ears. I think my ears hurt more than my nose.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Forgot it mention...

I have no cartilage what so ever so he took it from my ears. My ears hurt so bad. Still no bruising. When I did this in 91, I was so bruised I could even seen.

Anyway, it's not to bad.

I broke my nose and had it straightened by an ent doctor. So it's really not a revision. All the ent doctor did was break it and tried to straighten it 20 years ago. This is my first rhinoplasty.
Hope all goes well! :0)
Have a speedy recovery.

Post 3

Today is day 3. I'm still taking the pain meds. I don't think I could have done it without them. With that said it isn't as bad as I thought it would be. My ears hurt and I'm stuffed up. When I woke up in recover I felt so much pain. After I got into regular recovery, I felt much better. The worst was the hour in recovery. I have no bruising. Odd! I'm not sure if it's the arcina or I just had an excellent surgeon. I'm not ready to make any calls on my noise. I'm going to wait until I see Dr. Saldana on Monday.

It was scary. The recovery room was the hardest and everything was uphill from there.
20 years ago an ent rebroke it and straighted it. That's all he did. It was broke from an accident when I was 16
I hope it's straight because I'm not doing it again.

Post day 5

I'm feeling pretty good. Every once in a while I get a sting in my nose and of course my ears are hurting still. The swelling has gone down a lot. My follow up apt is tomorrow. I'm off the lortab as of day four, but plan to take to before the follow up tomorrow. My nose looks a lot straighter. I think I'm going to be really tomorrow. It's almost over.

It's not as bad as I thought and I had major work done. Once you get to the second recovery room it's a lot better. Why is your surety scheduled so far out?
Thank you!

Ent vs plastic surgeon

I was going to say I'm thinking that there is a big difference between a plastic surgeon and an ent doctor. The ent doctor I had twenty years ago did a horrible job and I was so bruised (I always bruise easy) but I didn't bruise at all this time and the plastic Surgeon did an excellent job. What do you guys think?

I have read its better to have a facial plastic surgeon but I've seen great results from plastic surgeons who do the entire body. I have seen good nose jobs by ENTs. I think it depends on the surgeons experience. Do you remember the ENTs before and after pictures? I hope you are recovering well:)
Congrats !! Your surgery is over and now you can relax. My second consult for rhinoplasty is June 24th.
Because Richard Davis very busy surgeon.I know from Realself girls who too as me waiting so long before surgery.:)

Day 14

I'm so disappointed! It's crooked and I still look deformed. I waited two weeks to reply hoping for a change and I almost feel like it's worse than before. So disappointed.

from your picture on the most recent post - i promise you, that you don't look deformed! your nose looks nice - natural
Hi. Im pray i hope its sweling
I don't think it's the doctors fault. I think my nose is just so screwed up.

Silly me!

Everyday as the swelling goes down my nose looks straighter and straight. It's smaller and I'm starting to like it. I was so disappointed for the first two weeks. I'll post a picture tomorrow. I guess we should listen to our doctors and wait.

It's okay dear, just take you time. Patience is a virtue!keep us posted.
Hi! I hope you keep posting updates on your progress. I would love to know how you are doing at this point? You are still very early in recovery. Rhinoplasty can be a frustrating surgery! It requires a lot of patience during a time when you have very little left. Hang in there :)
Duluth Plastic Surgeon