I have finally built up the nerves and finances to...

I have finally built up the nerves and finances to go through with a Tummy Tuck. I have been putting it off for so long, but now I am finally ready. Nervous and excited at the same time, but hopefully it will be worth out. Being a mother of two and having this unsightly stomach is the worst. I have always tried to work out and keep myself at a comfortable weight, but no matter what I did my stretch mark infested belly looked a mess, so I made up my mind no more babies and its time to break that bikini back out. I have less then a month left!!!

Congrats & good luck!
Welcome!  Go do it girlie and you will love the results.  Keep us up to date on everything.
Good luck with everything! You'll love the way clothes will fit. Take care

Still excited

Cleaning my house and getting an area ready for my recently purchased recliner and supplies that I will need for recovery. This is really about to happen. Less then a month left!! ????

Getting closer to date

My procedure is scheduled for June 12th and I am getting nervous all over again. I have been a stalker on this website trying to make sure I am really ready. Well today I decided to take some photos of my body and I am actually going to post them, this is really big for me because the only people who have seen my body in this state is my husband and of course my Dr's. I have been so embarrassed about my stomach and for year I have tried to hide it. I constantly find myself trying to hold my gut in :) and I can wait to finally be able to let it go and feel confident in my appearance again.

Good luck!! I'm so excited for u. I have read on RS when u take ur pain med take stool softer. Let me know if this works. I'm not having mine till December. Oh. And lots of water. And low sodium meals. May everything work out. Praying for u.
Your time is getting closer! How are the nerves? When will you start prepping your body and how will you do it? I'm always looking for health tips, thanks>
Good luck! You're going to look great! My surgery is set for June 16th so I'm right around the corner with you! :-D

Pre-Op appt

My pre-op appointment is tomorrow and I am excited and scared. I am really about to go through this!!! I have been a real self stalker for the past couple of weeks trying to imagine what I am going to look like after my surgery and it's so scary. The not knowing is driving me crazy, but I'm ready finally payment will be made tomorrow and I am still on for June 12th.

2 more days and a wake up

I am sitting at unable to concentrate on anything but my upcoming procedure and I find myself reading a lot peoples stories regarding their plastic surgery and it puts me at ease. Not to say that I am not nervousness but this is a great outlet for individuals that are thinking about plastic surgery. Every journey is different but it seems like all the stories are the same. Individuals are looking to make themselves better. I love this site

Are you ready for your tummy tuck. Your in my prayers. Check in soon as your done. Rest rest rest
Good luck - I'm in Atlanta too. Had my surgery in February. It was super easy!!! You will do great!!
Thanks and by the way you look great

Today is the day!!

It's finally here!! I'm sitting in the parking lot waiting to go in. My appointment is at 7:30am and I am actually early. So ready to see the new me!!

God got this for you. And you are going to come out of this procedure as pure gold.
prayers going up for you!
I will and thank you for all your support and prayers!! I'm as ready as I'll ever be

I made it!!

They said surgery went well but I can't tell still under the influence.

Bathroom

Ok now I can't complain about my pain because I'm not really in pain, but boy o boy do I have been to the bathroom it seems like once every hour. The fluids I am drinking are running right through me!!! Crazy so I have to continue to use my kids as handles to help me out my recliner to urinate.

From what I can see that belly has been snatched. You look great
Thanks it's not as bad as I had imagined. Thanks again for all your support

Day 3

I feel a lot better - yesterday was a little difficult. Soreness, burning and nausea!!! However it still wasn't as bad as I imagined and I have the best nurses in the world my 2 babies and hubby have been great. My husband even cooked breakfast something I didn't know he could do.

My mother came over last nite and made me the worst tasting soup ever. No salt and no flavor but she sat here and made me eat it and it made me feel a lot better

Glad to see you are doing good.
Sending prayers up for you. I'm 14 days post opand feel wonderful. I'm outside sitting on the step enjoying the sun. Saying that to say hang in there it gets easier every day. After day 7 I have awaken feeling better every morning! First milestone, drains removed ;) Happy Healing To Ya!

Coming along

Coming Along

This is my 4 th day PO and I feel great!! I had my first BM this morning and the relief that came from that was priceless.

I have been walking around more today trying to focus on standing straight. Other then that things are going well I'm eating a lot of fruit and Trying stay away from salt.

Post Op appt (I thought)

Went to my post op appt today - well I thought it was today, but it was actually Wednesday that's what I get for thinking I heard a different date during recovery. Lol. Anyways my doc office was very accommodating they saw me anyways and the doc was surprised at how well I was doing and he took 1 drain out and told me to come back in on Friday to get the other one removed.

I feel so much better with that 1 removed it was irritating me. Well I'm healing well and I am still walking around trying to get my posture back while trying to remember to take it slow.

Omg... I know that you are excited to have that drain removed. They are a pain, literally! I'm praying that both of mine will be removed tomorrow. **fingers crossed** xoxo
Thank u so much I am surprised at how well I am doing. I am usually a cry baby, but I have been doing good with this surgery.
Thanks Happy Healing to you to!! I just got one drain removed so I can understand your relief. I feel so much better with 1 gone so I can only imagine how I'm going to feel with both gone.

Tired of being in the house

I know your suppose to relax and stay in the house, but this is driving me crazy. I'm dying to get out and do something!!!

Recovery is going well and I have concurred my stairs today I was able to go in my bedroom and my kids rooms. Even though the rooms were a mess it felt good to walk around freely. It took everything I had not to start cleaning so I went back downstairs and sat back in my best friend "mr. Recliner". Lol. How is all my other June 2014's coming along out there ?

You look amazing! I still have stretch marks, but I can't complain. :( Anyway, I understand how you feel. I'm getting out of here for a little while tomorrow for my post op appt. I won't lie though, if he takes these ratchet drains out and weather permitting I'm getting out of here on Friday for a little while. I won't overdue it, but I've had enough!!! Lol! And, don't get me started on my house. My bf is trying but it's a mess. I ventured upstairs last night, so he straightened up the bedroom and the upstairs bathroom. I can't imagined what it looked like beforehand. And, he has destroyed the guest room trying to prepare to do laundry...smh! Girl, a hot mess! Happy healing and I'll talk to you tomorrow.
Yes we share the same story. Lol. Girl yes some stretch marks is fine but the flabby stomach is too much. You look good and hopefully u get some away time during your post op appt. it funny how the little things gives us joy now. Happy Healing lady
You look GREAT!! I'm doing good, just working on getting rid of this hump that I have in my back by the end of the day. Happy Healing!

Day 7

Today is a good day I have been moving around a lot today. I took a walk around my neighborhood (very slow walk) and I feel good it would usually take me 10 minutes but today it took me 30 but I'm fine with that I got to get out!! Now I'm back jn my recliner drinking plenty of water and relaxing.

Tomorrow is my appt and I am going to discuss scar therapy with the doc. Do anyone have any suggestions on a good product?

Looking at pics

I was looking at some of my before pics on my computer and I realized I forgot to upload my before surgery pics at PS office. They are terrible so please brace yourselves...

You look awesome! Happy healing!
Thanks lady!!
You Look Amazing! !!. Happy healing. :)

Drains are out!!!

Whoohoo drains are gone!! My appt went well and the doc said he doesn't need to see me until a week and half. He advised not to start any scar therapy until after that time but he recommended medimix it's a prescription so my insurance should cover it (Finger crossed) I so need a money break!!!

I'm healing nicely and I was advised that I can stop wearing my gausses on my incisions but I have to make sure I cover them before putting my CG on. Reminder - protect that site !!!

Oh yeah he also told me not to go out and overdue today because fluid can collect and I will be upset if it has to be drained. I think he must of read my mind because I was on my way to the mall. Lol. So no mall for me but I will walk around TJ Maxx for a minute then I'm going back home.

Happy Healing Everyone and thanks for all the support you guys are the best!!!????
Happy Healing Everyone!!

Wow !! you are summer bikini ready!! you look amazing
Thank You!! I can't wait to put a bikini on lol. I see that your surgery is coming up soon - are you ready?

Thought I would try something new

Okay first off let me start by saying I am doing well and my recovery is steadily moving along. I had my last drain removed yesterday and I feel so much better, thank you Jesus!!! So I figured I would be able to sleep in my bed finally (wrong) I tried laying on my back with a couple of pillows and at first everything was fine, but when I tried to reposition myself I realized I couldn't - I was stuck. Didn't think about the fact that stomach muscle are needed to really move in the bed and I found myself struggling for a minute and then I finally called my husband to help me sit up. I propped some more pillows up under me and I tried again and guess what it happened again. So anyways to make a long story short I slept in my recliner again.

Have anyone else had the same problem with laying in a bed and if so when were you able to finally sleep in your bed??

I drove today!!!

I have had my husband driving me around since my surgery and today I finally drove myself somewhere. I had to drop my daughter off at cheer practice and then I came back home but it felt good to have gain another part of my life back. Lol

I am still continuing to take my Arnica pills and I was wondering how long do I suppose to take these? I'm not in any pain anymore but I still have some bruising so I figured it wouldn't hurt to keep them in my daily vitamin regiment.

Exactly 2 weeks post op

Hey RS Fam!! Hope everyone is healing well. Well for me it's still going along I am a lot more mobile now and I have been able to drive around and do light errands. I have swelling daily, but that's to be expected.

Oh yeah my eating habits are are so different. I simply can't eat as much as I did before the surgery I get full a lot faster. I'm not complaining about this but it's just an extra bonus Now I can loose those pounds I have been struggling with. Here is my 2 week photo

Its me again

You look Fabulous honey
Thank You!!
You look great!

I feel like me again

Okay ladies today was a big day for me. I finally got to do my normal friday routine which consisted of me getting my hair, nails, feet and eyebrows done YESSSS!!!! ladies it was overdue and I feel a lot more like myself today and I feel relaxed. I felt like I was on one of those makeover shows..lol Other than that i have been doing well no complaints over here...

Oh yeah, nothing makes you feel better than a day at the spa.   Us ladies need our beauty treatments to make us feel beautiful.
You look fabulous!
You look A-Mazing!!!! You have really done great through all of this! Congrats to you!

Back to work

I must have been crazy to think that I should go back to work this early. I'm not in any pain but I'm so sleepy!!! I should have taken off this week also but I didn't have anymore Vacation time left. Oh well I just got to deal with it!

I have a follow up appointment this week and I am hoping that I'm cleared for sex. I was wondering have anybody have any difficulties after the TT and how long did you actually wait?

More pics

your bb looks good! looking good after only a short time!

Faja Shopping - Again

Okay I have been on every site possible that sells Faja and I finally decided to go with one from Amazon its by MariaE so I will let y'all know how this works out. I have been using Spanx for the past week and I realized that its not giving me the support I need plus I had the shape wear pre surgery so I need to go a size smaller.

I realize that since I have been back at work (2nd day) I have a lot more swelling so I am trying to my best to minimize that. Secondly my back has been sore lately and I believe I can blame that on me going back to work so soon also :( Did anyone else have the same problem when you returned to work

Thanks!! I hope it continues, lol
Yes I would recommend everyone take at least a day to get pampered after surgery!! It makes you feel like yourself again
Thanks!! I see that your getting closer to your date, how are you feeling?

I brought a new binder

I brought a new binder today at the store and I can't breathe..lol I think I am going to use this one to sleep in the one that I came home in has ran its course and my Faja hasn't come in yet. I paid $40 for this one and I think it will be fine for me to sleep in. Its made by Dream Girl Curves

Awesome review....thanks for continuing to update--you look fabulous, btw! I was wondering how you decided on Dr. Nakano between the three docs at Prima? Did you consult with all three or just do a ton of research on each?
I did a ton of research and I also had a friend that went to him. I went on a total of 12 consultations in the Atlanta area and I actually just felt comfortable with him. I had two other consults after him but my decision was him. I was scared at first because he doesn't post pics online, but after seeing his work at the office my nerves were a lot better. Oh yeah I didn't research the other docs in his office
12 consults in Atlanta? Wowzers!!! I used Diane Alexander and absolutely loved her!

Snatched!!!

Took a pic yesterday and I didn't realize how snatched my stomach was until today. I took off my garment for about 3 hrs and I loved the way I looked.

Oh by the way the faja I ordered off line came in the mail on Saturday, but my lazy teen house guest didn't answer the door for the mailman. Smfh.

Totally...

New Faja received

It has arrived and all I can say is I can definitely feel the difference. It was challenging getting on I had to squeeze and tuck but I made it in lol.

Yes!, you're absolutely snatched doll! :)
Hi thanks for the review you look amazing and make it seem like a walk in d park lol. Love your positive energy. Mine is mid sept cant wait. I live in the UK and never heard of Arnica or Faja and hav read so much on RS can you please let me know which ones u bought and if they r good. Thanks and happy continous healing
arnica is natural supplement - chewable tablet which helps with healing and u can get them from any vitamin store or order online I think they cost about $8. Faja is a compression garment or girdle and there are so many different types. I have 2 different ones but the one I just recently brought really keeps me tucked in. I hope this information helps :)

Time has flown by

It's hard to believe that I had my surgery a month ago. I have been healing and putting my life back to the norm and I must say I am happy I decided to do this surgery during the summer. The kids are out of school and I have been able to slack on a lot of things which would have been impossible if my kids were in school.

I went out over the weekend and it felt so good!! I had some stealing by the end of the night but it didn't bother me and my stomach still looked flat to the unknowing eye.

Happy Healing Everyone!!!

Update scar pics

Here is an update of my scars. All stretch marks are not gone as you can see, but I'm happy with my results. It has only been 5 weeks since my surgery and all my clothes especially jeans fit a lot different. No more stomach getting in the way so now I have a lot more space in my jeans and I need to see a seamstress... I am so happy with my decision!!! How is everyone else doing with the healing process? Happy Healing

you look great I loved the Caribbean wear faja it's the real deal! happy healing.
Thank u!! Yes that faja really pulls me in and lifts the backside in the process. Love it
glad to hear you're doing so well and your scar looks great! I had my consult today with Dr. Song and everyone was sooooo nice!! I felt really comfortable from the moment I ran into him in the hall, lol, and I am 97% sure I'm booking for the end of Aug!! My hubby wants me to go to one more consult (I have 5 more scheduled) and I want to make sure the sale of our condo is finalized before booking but I'm really thinking I will be going to Prima. Sorry to ramble but I just got home and I'm excited-yay!!!

2 months down

I have missing for a couple of weeks but I'm back... Lol. I wanted to post some updated scar pics and let everyone know I am doing well. Pain is minimal unless I'm doing something strenuous and then I can feel some pain, but it usually subsides once rest. I have started doing light excessive but nothing pertaining to my abs yet mostly just walking, squats and light weight lifting I hope everyone is healing well

You look good , can you tellHow much did you pay for your surgery?
Atlanta Plastic Surgeon

I went on a number of consultations and I decided to go with Dr. Nakano. He was very open and honest and he didn't sugar coat a thing and I loved that. I felt comfortable with him and I didn't feel like I was just another patient.