Restylane - Adverse Reaction - Duluth, GA

Like another patient, I experienced swelling and...

Like another patient, I experienced swelling and hard cyst-like formations in the area around my nose and under my eyes, mostly on the rights side. Same in the furrows right above my upper lip. However, for me it all started with a severe attack similar to the flu, about 12 after injection.

First I had pain at the injection site, then extreme facial swelling starting with the injection site and radiating out. I was very ill once the swelling started- bedridden, dizzy, with fever. And, oddly, extreme neck pain and stiffness. My skin was tender, and it hurt to breath deeply- very sore in my lungs and I had slight nasal congestion.

A few day later when the swelling subsided (my dermatologist prescribed prednisone) I developed pain in the eyesockets associated with eyeball movement. My neck and back (tailbone area) are painful from time to time- sometimes very stiff and painful, and now 2 weeks plus out, not as painful but still experiencing periods of stiffness and pain.

I now have what one of the reviewing doctors described as the granulomas. I still don't feel right and only today do not have the chest soreness. My dermatologist seemed pretty sure that it was not due to restylane. I sent him the photos of my face during the swollen period and the diagnosis of my ENT- allergic reaction.