28 Years Old. Male, Lost 100+ Pounds. Worked my Butt off in the Gym, This is the Final Step. - Duluth, GA

I used to weigh in right at 265+ pounds at 5'9 1/2...

I used to weigh in right at 265+ pounds at 5'9 1/2. Over 2-3 years I went to the gym and lost the weight, actually got down to 155 lbs at one point. On the date of the surgery I weighed about 175. I actually had to delay the surgery over 1.5 years due to life issues that arose. I finally had the surgery August 15th, and It's now been 9 days post op. I had one drain taken out on day 7 post op.

I only took 2 pre op photos, and Im sorry they weren't the best quality. These new photos are from today. Im still not walking upright. But damn, my stomach is so much tighter. I am fairly certain my body fat is pretty low as I workout nearly every single day. I must say, this surgery has taken a lot more recovery then I expected. I really thought I would be superman and fine shortly after. Well, not quite. Just finally as of yesterday was I even able to sleep on my side and that was in the fetal position. Life isn't easy. It took 5-6 days before I could even walk upright, but I really pushed myself to stay active. Using my fitbit I've made sure to walk the following amount of steps daily post op. 2500, 3200, 4000, 4500, 6000, 7000, 8000, etc. Today I may even hit 10,000 steps! I've also been drinking a ton of water.

Anyhow, I will try to keep this updated when I get more drains out, as swelling does down, and photos of the scar.

2.5 weeks in

Well closing in in three weeks now. Gone to the gym twice and feel pretty damn good. Walking around ten thousand steps a day per my fitbit. Scars healing up decently well. Pants fit fine now. Actually a bit loose to be honest. I've been working ten hour days and feel fine overall. Very active already. Still have one drain in but I think I'm getting it taken out tomorrow. Been using emu oil on the scar as well as something my doctor sold me I'll post the name later.
Atlanta Plastic Surgeon

Great Doctor so far, a skilled technician at what he does