Chin Treatment, Large Scar Tissue, Non Invasive Procedure - Dublin, OH

While I was abroad, I had a traumatic fall to my...

While I was abroad, I had a traumatic fall to my chin, which resulted in 8 or 9 stitches as well as a severe bruising to right side of my chin. I was not able to seek treatment in the states until August, and by then it had been about 5 months after the incident. When I saw Dr. Bapna, I had a slightly lopsided chin, and I was very unhappy with my appearance after the accident. I was afraid I would have to have an expensive surgery to have whatever had built up from the fall removed.

In my first consultation, I broke down and Dr. Bapna was very kind and comforting. He said he would try an outpatient procedure first so that it would be less expensive for me and hopefully easier. It turns out I had collagen built up from the traumatic fall and all of the scar tissue had hardened leaving my chin a bit uneven. Dr. Bapna gave me a steroid shot in hopes of breaking up the scar tissue. To my amazement, the scar tissue on my chin began to shrink and my chin was coming back down to its normal size. I had two follow up steroid shots to help break down the scar tissue further (one of which Dr. Bapna graciously gave me for free since it was such a small amount).

My chin is now back to its normal size, and all I have left as a reminder of the fall is a small scar. And while for some people slight asymmetry would not mean much, to me it meant a great deal. I am so relieved to not be unhappy with my appearance or have a constant reminder of my accident. It has made me so much happier.
Columbus Facial Plastic Surgeon

I am so grateful to Dr. Bapna and his team for always being so kind at each visit, but also for Dr. Bapna taking the time to get to know me as well as explaining the trauma of the accident and the body's effect to heal itself and the steroid shots possible effect. He explained everything very thoroughly and made sure that I did not have any unanswered questions when I left. I was deathly afraid that I would have to have an expensive surgery to fix my chin so I am deeply grateful to Dr. Bapna that he was able to give me a route that was significantly less expensive and timely. I highly recommend this practice, and although I had a procedure that was more minimal, if this is the care I received for an outpatient procedure, I imagine his inpatient procedures are done with even more care. He is a great doctor and helps his patients in any way he can. Thanks Dr. Bapna!

This is wonderful news.  I am happy that you were able to have this fixed:)