Only Day 2 but Totally Love Results So Far - Dubai, UAE

44 year old female starting to see lack of...

44 year old female starting to see lack of fullness in face with worsening tear 'dents' and nasolabial folds giving a tired look. I didn't want to look 20, just more rested and youthful so I finally took the plunge and had a total of 1.5 syringes of Restylane injected: 0.5 in the dark tear hollow and 1.0 in my nasolabial folds (we're keeping the other half syringe to see where I might need a top up in a week once any swelling goes down). Honestly this was a lot less painful than botox injections. Together (botox and filler) I look easily 5-10 years younger with a very natural effect. I started to wear a bit more makeup a few weeks ago - so I'm telling people that it's a new foundation/ concealer/eye shadow combo which seems to be doing the trick! The doc suggested restylane to see how I liked the effect, before possibly going to radiesse. Now I've read reviews on problems with radiuses under the eyes so I'll keep the restylane for there. My only regret is that I didn't do this before!

Glad things went well and you are liking the changes. Its interesting that the Botox shots hurt more. I haven't had a filler done before, but have had Botox and didn't find it that painful, so its good to hear that the filler hurt less. Did you have numbing cream put on beforehand?

Yes, he uses numbing cream for both Botox and Fillers but put a much thicker layer on for the fillers so maybe that was it. My doc's technique for botox distributes it over numerous injection sites (like 15ish)...might be hard to get the numbing cream at the exact right spots. Still worth it though!

OK, 1 week later I went in to have the last 1/2...

OK, 1 week later I went in to have the last 1/2 syringe injected. There was a tiny bit of "deflation" of the original injection under the eyes but still looked so amazing. In the nasolabial folds, I was happy to have a little bit of stuff left to 'refine' an already very good result. Things had settled so the Doc was able to add just the right amount into tiny areas for an overall fabulous effect. I am totally sold on fillers. Now I totally get why all the hollywood stars look so good - and it's not the parlor facials! I've been telling my husband for years that I get "vitamin injections" (aka botox). This is the first time he actually said I looked younger. So my advice for anyone contemplating it...find a doctor you trust. Try him/her out with other, gentler services first so you know if you connect. Do research so you have intelligent questions. Don't cheap out - this is your face...the doctor you choose must be an artist and experienced.
Can you please post photos? I am interested in this procedure and trying to decide.

That is great that you had enough left to do a touch-up, and even better that your husband noticed a difference! That had to feel good. :)

Kaya Skin Center Town Center

I've been going to the Kaya Center for well over 8 years for different treatments. I tend to metabolize Botox quite quickly so see them what I think is a little often (3-4 months). The doc didn't suggest I do the fillers which I liked - it was me who brought the subject up. He was honest in telling me that yes, they could potentially help me look more rested. Taking a lot of time to achieve the desired effect, I'm so very pleased with the result. Hope there wasn't too much swelling and this will last for months, though he did warn me that the effects do diminish a bit (re: reduced swelling).