Had Smart Lipo Yesterday - Dubai

Had smart lipo yesterday at 10am, I am 51 years...

Had smart lipo yesterday at 10am, I am 51 years old, 5' 3'' and 58.8 kg on the day of my surgery, I am active slim and excersize regularly, i watch what i eat and watch my portion sizes. Why I chose to have smart lipo is that I had large hips and although my husband loved my curves and I know i am should be happy as i am fairly slim for my age but I was uncomfortable, especially when wearing jeans, I had flanks and upper abdomen done and had around 1 ltr of fat removed. I am finding it harder to lose a lot of weight as i get older and I don't particularly want to lose weight as I am over 50 and want to keep the weight on my face and hands as these are the areas you look older if you have less weight on you.

I am in a compression garment today and in a little pain, I have bruised quite badly but i do bruise easily, the procedure took about 2 hours and i felt fine afterwards, i managed to do some ironing this morning but feel a little sick from the pain killers and medication so I am now lying down. I will continue to post my recovery and answer any questions you may have, i will also try to get my pre op photos and post any new ones week by week.

I would recommend my Dr as he was thorough, gentle and all of his explanations were clear.

andrilinda I see you mentioned that Hypoxi was a waste of money. I was a little surprised to see this! I just recently started Hypoxi (I have completed 4 weeks, which is 12 sessions) and I can already tell a difference! Due to the dermology that Hypoxi offers, I can already tell that the cellulite in my buttocks and thighs is smoothing out. While I don't expect it to go away COMPLETELY, I'm excited to already tell a difference! I also have always struggled with my legs and hips (or "saddlebags") as I like to call them, and with the use of the S120, I can already feel a difference in my pants. They're sliding up just a little bit easier :) I've committed to 36 Hypoxi sessions, so I'm excited to see the final result!
Can you plz sende your dr details.
Hi

I will be going to Cocoona in Dubai for Laser Lipo, on the 5th of December 2011 for Abdomen and flanks.. I am nervous and excited at the same time.. I hope for good results..
helloo there

please tell us more details about the clinic and the dr. I want to do go under this procedure

I am from Abu Dhabi
Ill keep my eyes open am just scared that my doc is crap. Anyone did it at coocona dubai?
Ill keep checking to, am scAred my dr is a bad one.. Anyone did it at dubai coocona ?
hi, im so glad to hear smartlipo has place in dubai.
i have some questions. if you dont mind.
1. which is your dr.
2. i did some laser lipo before but tehy bured my skin, actually my banana(saddle bags) and imnner and outside tights were black, after purple, like a shadow, and i dis another lipo laser to fix this, thats why i am asking you all this stuff, that happens to you?
3. my bump is growing again and my saddle bags and inner thing too, they told me these were not happend because if they suck all this cells they were not reproduced again, but it happens to me, so . i telling you, i ridding 2 hours bike every day, yes with this crazy hot in dubai, i go to the gym, did hypoxi,(waist of money but the way), i do elyptical , go to the gym, and dance clases, i do this 5 days a week and it takes me all morning long,(3 months doing this) soooo. i havent lost much weight just smoother my skin A LITTLE BIT,
i really want to have skinny legs like models and some beautiful but decent bump, not like jennifer lopez twice. im looking forward to do this im my lower body, can yo tell me how much did yo paid and you dr's name?? thanks and sorry about the questions, they are a lot!!!
Hi
did you have your procedures done in Dubai? If so who by? It sounds like they didn't take care of you. I don't know anyone in Dubai but I am trying to find out...

I'll keep checking on here for updates.
Am thinking of doing smartlipo at coocona with dr philip. anyone did the procedure with him? I am kinda nervous and scared..
hi there, i m thinking of doing smart lipo in cocoona as well, but with Dr Sanjay. anybody knows him?
Hi really interested in this surgery too but want to do my research and get some recommendations. I'm an from Dubai but can get in there. Anyone got any Drs they can recommend?
Hi dear,

Hope all is fine now!
I live in Dubai and I am thinking about this operation. Would you please share the contact of your doctor.

Thank you!

Haila in Dubai
Ok :) Thanks for replying & Good luck!
Nope, I startd the lemonade diet today is day one
Any news from smartlipo51 anyone?
Hi there,

Could you please send me the contact details of your doctor so I can book an appointment/

Thx
please send me the contact details for the dr where you did your laser Lipo and the prices I am very desprate to get my abdomenal and thights done
thanks

day two after smart lipo, I would definitely say this is no lunchtime lipo or painless as some sites suggest. It was pretty painful during the operation especially when the dr went into the boundary of no anaesthetic or tumescent fluid, the operation took 2 hours and I had quite some leakage afterwards and was swabbed with cotton wool and tape to go home, no pressure garment was advised until leakage stopped the next day, Pain was quite severe but the painkillers eased it somewhat the next day, I made sure I did not do too much at day one and a friend bought lunch to my home so I was looked after well, I woke in the night twice to take pain killers and felt a little sick from the antibiotics but I immediately saw a big difference already at day one before i put on the spanks. which were very tight and hurt like hell to pull up over the bruises but much better under clothes than the garment to Dr gave me. Day two and a trip back to the Dr's got into some trousers that were too tight before the op and they slipped on easily and fastened without any problems.... no one could tell I have had anything done, I look slimmer already and am thrilled, I am down to normal pain killers and the antibiotcs and am managing to go more than 4 hours now without them. Dr pleased with my results, told me to keep the pressure garment on 24 hours a day untill I go for my next appointment, he said I am healing fine and no need to cover the wounds any longer just to let them heal now, also I get to go back in the gym after day 5 and just walk or step machine so i am happy with that, I am lucky not to have to go to work, but if I needed to i think I could have done that today although I still feel a little tired, i am not too uncomfortable and not even swollen to the point i look the same as before the op so if this is not the final result then i will be delighted as i am already. I hope this information helps someone wanting to make the decision whether to go ahead or not with it and i am happy to contribute with my progress and results.
Smartlipo51

Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:16 am

I would be very interested in getting the name and contact details of your doctor.

How are you still happy with the results now that some time has passed?