Breast Cancer Survivor Required Double Mastectomy - San Diego, CA

Dr. Apostolides has brightened the hardest, ...

Dr. Apostolides has brightened the hardest, darkest journey of my life. (Being told I have Breast Cancer and needed double masectomy.) His staff helped me navigate insurance. Dr. Apostolides prompt in responding to questions and concerns I have had this past year.
He is confident but not arroagant. He has the skill and talent to see how I will look even months down the road. I have referred 3 women, I would absolutely refer anyone no matter what work the needed or wanted. He has been right about everything!
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Apostolides, has been the best Doctor in dealing with my reconstruction. He has made it easy on me to focus on healing. He really cares about his patient's. He does more of the DIEP Flap Procedures than any other Dr. South of LA. My friend was told by 5 different Dr.'S that she could not be reconstructed after single mastectomy, I stI'll encouraged her to see Dr. Apostolides, he is able reconstruct her. I am personally grateful, because he gave me my womanhood back to me, and for that I am forever grateful. Dr. Apostolides is kind, even all of the nurses at the hospital have nothing but great things to say about Dr. Apostolides. I love that he is a perfectionist and he has helped me get my body back after chemo. He truly is an amazing and incredibly brilliant! I would absolutely recommend anyone to see him.

I'm so happy to hear your story has a lovely ending. It sounds like you not only found a wonderful doctor, but you've helped out many other desperate women in need. How long did your reconstruction process take? About a year? In hindsight, what was the most difficult part of the process? Thank you so much for sharing your inspirational story with us on RealSelf!