Mid Face Lift and Fat Transfers - Birmingham, AL

I am a very healthy 41 year old woman. On May 9th...

I am a very healthy 41 year old woman. On May 9th 2013, I had a mid face lift and fat transfers under my eyes, smile lines and in my chin to correct a crooked chin implant that was done by another doctor 10 yrs ago. It's been nine days since the surgery and I feel and look great. I am still swollen and a bit bruised but I am happy with how I look already. I have read reviews from other people on this site saying that they could not go out in public for months. This has not been the case for me. I was shopping at the grocery store by day seven and today I went to the mall with a little bit of makeup and hair down and I looked normal. At day nine, I have a yellow bruise down entire left side of face and a bluish bruise under left eye.

A mid-face lift does not hurt. What was the most uncomfortable for me was my ears. My ears hurt a lot for the first 72 hours. Currently the left side of my face is more numb that right. The numbness in my face gets a little better each day.

So...at day nine I am going to say this was 100percent worth it. I look like I did at 28 and I would do it again tomorrow and I'm so happy I didn't wait until I was 45!,,,,

2 months post op

Ok...it been a little over two months and I feel good. Both left and right side of my face next to my ears and slightly below my ears is still numb and the area behind my ears really does hurt still. The only think I would do differently is have a facelift done in the winter. It's very hot and applying sunscreen all the time on my pink scars along my ears is tiresome. I feel good though.
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

I like this guy. Dr Schaffer is officially the only doctor I will ever let work on my face.