Restylane for Smokers' Lines Around Lips: Great Result! - Doylestown, PA

The smokers' lines on my upper and lower lip area...

The smokers' lines on my upper and lower lip area were driving me crazy: Lipstick bled. I looked a million years older than my actual age. Blah. I researched the Internet to see if filler would remedy this and came away with with mixed conclusions -- and knew the only thing that would permanently eradicate them was dermabrasion or another chemical procedure that would result in lengthy down time, at this point, I can't afford to take.

But I figured I'd give the filler a try -- and wow, am I glad I did! The results are miraculous!* The plastic surgeon I chose turned out to be a great injector and after the dental block he administered told hold, he injected almost a full syringe to the upper and lower lip areas, but NOT into the lip. Result? My top lip looks fuller and more defined and the lower area doesn't have the awful pucker lines it once did. It is most definitely a subtle change to my face -- but a change that makes all the difference to me.

I will say that I did develop a pretty substantial bruising on the corners of my mouth on one side. Don't much care about that -- it'll be gone in a few days.

* Miraculous to me, of course. I will assume the outcome of others' experience with the same procedure will vary depending on what doctor does it and what each persons' expectations are. I didn't go into this expecting to look 100% improved or back to the way I looked when I was 20. I just wanted to look "better" and I definitely do.
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

I feel a million times better about my appearance thanks to Dr. Silberman. His nurse even called me when I got home to let me know about a Restylane rebate I was eligible for which I totally appreciated!