Lipoma Removed From Back Yesterday - Dover, DE

I had a small (ping pong ball size) lipoma in the...

I had a small (ping pong ball size) lipoma in the middle of my back for about six years. It was always bothersome and annoying, but I just recently decided to do something about it. I guess I'd just had enough. Because it was near my spine, my doctor wasn't comfortable trying to remove it in office, so I went to a surgery center. The procedure was quick, I was in and out of the OR in about 30 minutes, stayed in recovery for about an hour (not sure why, seemed like they were just moving slowly, but I didn't mind, I was fine just snoozing in my comfy hospital bed lol). The incision has dissolvable stitches and steri-strips that will fall off on their own, so it's nice that I won't have to have anything removed. Slept a lot yesterday, my back was tender and a little sore, but didn't really need anything for pain (they gave me a RX for percocet, but I won't need it). I'm at work today, just being careful how I move around, and so far, so good. The worst part of the whole experience was the IV, they can never find my veins, so they had to poke me all over, and the nurse who removed my IV ripped open my hand and I bled everywhere! Otherwise, the actual surgery and the post-op pain are pretty bearable!
Thomas Barnett

I only met Dr. Barnett for the consultation and before/after surgery, but he seems like a really nice guy. I was totally comfortable with him.