So Glad I Did This!! Never Realized I Had Such a Problem Until It Was Gone!!!

I had done a lot of research on this procedure,...

I had done a lot of research on this procedure, both patient reviews & medical journal reviews. I was very impressed, but I have to say it blew my expectations out of the water!! I have suffered with axillary hyperhidrosis since I was in middle school. You know, unable to wear certain colors, afraid to raise my hand in class, socially debilitating when one is young and fragile. My mother would tell me horror stories about how my aunt basically had to wear giant pads attached to her bras to soak up her sweat and the idea of someone seeing that in the locker room, terrified me! I resorted to only wearing certain colors and always having a sweater or jacket to keep on, even suffering during hot and humid summer months.

When I went in for the miraDry, the staff at Don't Sweat It! were really nice and very helpful on the phone. I was totally prepared to be shuffled in to a tech and not really see a doctor, like most of the review I've read. Boy was I wrong! Dr. White did a thorough consultation, answered all of my questions and explained the whole procedure to me. Then he and Claudia showed me the miraDry machine and explained how the procedure worked. Although I was nervous about all of the local anesthesia injections, I was also so excited that I opted to do it later that day. I returned, nervous, but ready to go. I threw my headphones on and Dr. White started the injections. His injections were so EASY! A little painful pinch, but the needle was so small that it wasn't bad. When Claudia started the procedure, I didn't feel a thing! I went home that night to my family with icepacks and iced the first two days as often as I could.

Anesthesia wore off a few hours after I got home and I definitely needed Advil! I was swollen and sore feeling. I didn't sleep very well the first night, but the bruising was minimal (as you can see in my photos) and other than feeling like I had a golf ball under my arms, I was able to go to work and function. The following day the pain was virtually gone and the swelling was almost all gone by the end of a week. I wish I had taken more pictures for people! I got what was called "cording". They look like long tendons or something. This was a little unnerving, but Dr. White assured me that it was normal and would go away. Now, a little over 8 weeks out, my cording is gone! I still have a little strange sensation directly in my underarms, but it gets better every day.

Results:

My sweat has been reduced by about 70%
My odor has been greatly reduced as well. I only have to used one swipe of deorderant and wont suffer embarrasment if I forget.
My hair growth has been reduced by 50-60%

I am one month or so away from a second treatment. I don't need it for the sweating as I don't mind sweat as long as it doesn't show up on my clothes. Since the treatment, I have not had ONE (yes I said it) sweat stain on my clothes!! I no longer wear sweaters to cover up and I have bought some really cool pastel colors to wear! I'm so happy! I may do the second treatment, but it really would only be to see if I could get rid of more hair! LOL! and odor.

Hope this review helps. I think this procedure is COMPLETELY worth it!!
Marshall A. White, MD

Awesome! Dr. White was with me throughout the entire procedure, monitoring my heart rate and making me laugh. He and Claudia are hilarious together and really made my time there fly by. Dr. White even gave me his cell phone number just in case I had any worries after I left.

Thanks for your review! I've had a consultation with Dr White and Claudia and plan to have my fist treatment within the next few weeks. Will keep you guys posted.

So glad things went well for you! Did the cording hurt, or did it just look weird?