Feeling So Blessed! - Dominican Republic, DO

My name is Maria Picon and I had my surgery on...

My name is Maria Picon and I had my surgery on April 9, 2013. I am returning from a long vacation and was unable to post. I will share my overall experience with Dr. Hernandez Pizzoglio and his Staff. I am currently 5'3 feet and weighed in at 197lbs. Over the period of 5 years I had put on a tremendous amount of weight since my birth in 2007, which was by C-Section. Since then I was very frustrated with the way my body looked.

I started to do some research and came across his name in the SODOCIPRE (Sociedad Dominicana De Cirugia Plastica Reconstructiva Y Estetica, Inc) after researching some health forums in Univision.com. I looked into his “Credentials” on his online website. I understand that being part of SODOCIPRE, means that you are continuous striving to keep current on your education and the latest techniques, the proper decisions to make regarding your patience surgery, the latest technology, and the latest and safest equipment for plastic surgery. A doctor with his expertise, experience, and professionalism is what I needed. I saw all his video interviews and on how he spoke about the passion he had for his profession, and what to look for when you are looking for a surgeon and what questions to ask in order not to go with the incorrect help.

I made the call and spoke to my “Angel” (Laura), OMG! She was so professional guided me through every single step to prepare me for my procedure before I visited the Dominican Republic.

On my first visit I was so scared and when I met Laura in person she was all what I had expected from our prior phone conversation. I had so many concerns with this procedure and felt a little uneasy. However, something in my heart told me this was my “Doctor”!

Once in with my Dr. Hernandez he was so honest and to the point with the procedure I had elected and he explained the entire process what the (pros) and (cons) were with such professionalism. He made sure all my needs and questions were answered. His bed side manner was the best! His patient etiquettes are fascinating. I was prepped for surgery; he made sure all my lab works were adequate in order for me to have surgery. On the day of my surgery his staff was so nice and humble they made the impossible to make sure I felt at ease and attended to all my needs. I felt right at home like I was with family. Dr. Hernandez came in drew my incision map on my body, and then once IV was in place I was given a small pill to calm my nerves down a little. I remind you ladies in order to have a procedure like this or any procedure, be positive and trust your Doctor; I totally trusted mine! When I woke up from my procedure Dr. Hernandez was there he was checking my vital signs and making sure all was well. Dr. Hernandez really cares and about his patience and attends to all of them himself. There is NO sub Doctor filling in for him! His staff was so friendly and so attentive including my nurses they were so caring and professional! I can’t express enough how a nerve wrecking experience for me and how they turned it around and made me feel like it was a piece of cake, a walk in the park!

My recovery process was amazing! I had an Abdominoplasty, full back Liposuction, Liposuction on my buttocks and some on my inner and outer thighs. Laura called frequently to check on me and to make sure all was well. On my sixth (6) days I was walking like I wanted to take the world along with me. My follow-up visits were awesome he would clean and wipe my incision and joke a little and at all times maintaining his etiquettes. My massage therapy were right in the clinic and my Therapist Mrs. Victoria was a wonderful person to work with! When I looked in the mirror for the first time I was so ecstatic! I couldn’t believe I had the same curves I had when I was 23 years of age, but, BETTER! My Stomach was flat, and my back had NO rolls! I was shocked! I was so happy with myself my esteem had totally changed and for once I can honestly say I love the way I looked I can wear my skinny jeans and no rolls hanging! NO, more long shirts, NO more layering to cover my Butt, to hide the fat in the front or on my back! I felt Dr. Hernandez did a master piece on my body, my silhouette is so noticeable and to mention my Husband is so in love with the NEW me!

I totally recommend Dr. Hernandez; I am looking forward to see him in the near future for a Nose job and some other touches! Thank GOD for post like the ones I read that helped me make the best and most important decision in my life and knowing I picked the BEST to operate on me!
Dr. Hernandez I don’t know if you are aware how much you changed my life and just want to say Thank you once more to you and your staff!
God Bless!

Maria Picon-Gomez

Dominican Republic Plastic Surgeon

Simply The Best, Excellent! And the word best is short justification for how good my doctor is!

woukd love to see some pics of his work on you please :)))
Hi there if you go on his page in the tummy tuck section are my before and after pics. Look for the one saids AK. THATS ME!
Can you post before and after pics please.
Hi there if you go on his page in the tummy tuck section are my before and after pics. Look for the one saids AK. THATS ME.
I'm going to see him next month. Thank you for sharing your story. I can't wait. Please show pictures.
Thank you so much eyanique76. congratulations on your success. You look great! I'm so happy that I found this site.
IT would be helpful if you could post some pictures for us.. Im going to see him in march but im between him and Dr Edgar Contreras.
Good Day, I have provided a picture at your request. Please be conscience that a picture does not determine how good or bad a doctor is! You should be able to talk to your surgeon ask questions. Dr. Hernandez is a wonderful Doctor and you know why because on his webpage he explains all his work, his profession, and his knowledge on Plastic Surgery. What to look for in a Doctor that is going to operate on you! To me his simply UNIQUE!
Can u post some pics. Plz im going to see him as well.
Where r your pics?
Need pics!
Congratulations!! Great review. Will you be posting pics?