Excited and Nervous for Mommy Makeover -Dominican Republic, DO

I am 23 years old and the mother on a 4 year old...

I am 23 years old and the mother on a 4 year old son. I have struggled with my weight my entire life, but during my pregnancy I gained more than 100 pounds, and my weight ballooned to 300 pounds.

I have since lost 100+ pounds, and have excess skin and 'sagging parts' to say the least. It is hard to be young and have the breasts of a 50 year old, as they have been quite large my whole life, but began sagging horribly after my pregnancy. I dream of wearing a bikini again and being comfortable in my own skin.

I have been reading reviews on this site for a few months now, and have decided to go with Dr. Robles based on all the good reviews and great results posted. I am unsure of my surgery date, but I have already obtained a quote for a Tummy Tuck, Lipo on Waist and Breast Lift at $5,900. I currently weigh 195 lbs and am 5'6". Dr. Robles' assistant has suggested that I lose 10-20 pounds before my surgery in order to have the best results possible.

$5,900 is a lot of money, considering the cost of living here in Calgary is exceptionally high. This is why I don't think I will be having my surgery for another half a year or more, as this will give me time to save up the funds that I will need. It will also give me a chance to lose some more weight.

I am unsure of whether or not I should bring someone with me for the surgery or not. If anyone has any advice or comments that they can share with me, that would be greatly appreciated!

Already Buying Supplies

I know my surgery isn't until April of next year, but it's all I can think about!! I am so excited to finally feel sexy again. I have already started purchasing supplies for my surgery. I have compiled a list based on prior reviews and internet research of the things that I will or already have purchased:

-Feminine pads
-Dry shampoo
-Kelo-cote gel
-Face towels and cloths
-Lightweight cotton robe
-Nightgown that opens in the front
-Cotton tank
-Rosa mosqueta oil
-Gravol
-Yeast infection medication

I am undecided as to whether I should purchase the VitaMedica Recovery Support System as well as the Arnica Montana. Has anyone taken these supplements, any advice on them?

If there are additional things I should consider taking with me, please let me know!

Trying to Weigh My Options

I have gotten quotes from several doctors in the DR now: Walkiris Robles, Fatima Almonte, Australia Fragoso Baez and Katherine Feliz Camilo.

Dr. Baez is the one doctor who said I could do all of the procedures I originally wanted, here is a copy and paste from the email I received from her:

Price for the surgeries that you are requesting lipo to tummy tuck, abdomen, waist, back, flanks, inner thighs and BBL (including hips) plus breast lift is US$ 4800 dollars

All of the other doctors are around the same price (Dr. Baez's and Dr. Camilo's did not include accommodations), but Baez is the only one who included lipo of my back, inner thighs as well as a BBL.

I am still pretty much undecided, but I am leaning more towards Dr. Baez now. If anyone has any experience with this doctor, I would love to hear from you!

Finally Decided... Going with Baez!

After mulling over the choices... I have decided to go with Baez! She will do all my surgeries, and I feel that she is so sincere and caring. Now I have to decide between the recovery houses: Real Recovery Armonia and Yasmine's Recovery House. Armonia seems very nice and luxurious, but they take forever to answer my messages on Facebook! They quoted me at $80/night plus $40 for my companion (I am bringing my mom to help out with my recovery).

I hope that there are more reviews to come on Baez!

Time Flies By!

Can't believe it's already been 3 months since I made my decision to have surgery. I didn't know time would go by this fast, my surgery date is only 6 months away now. I got a promotion at work, so I'm making more money; this is great because it will allow me to save oh more money for my sx.

I dream of my sx all the time, and just wish that it was sooner! There are lots of Baez beauties emerging that are looking fabulous, so I can't wait till I have my dream body. I just hope that she can give me what I want, considering my body before surgery.

I went to the doctor a month ago to get my blood tested, and my hemo is at 15.8! I am taking something called Blood Builder as well as a multivitamin, so I think my levels will stay up there

Anyways, sorry for not updating for a while, I will be sure to at least update every 1-2 weeks!

Getting Closer

Hey girls,

It's been exactly 3 months since my last review! time flies by so quick. I am no longer going with Dr. Baez, I have changed my mind and am now going with Dr. Contreras. I believe Dr. Baez is a very safe and caring doctor, but I don't think she will be able to give me the results that I want. I don't believe she is aggressive enough with the lipo, as I've heard from lots of other dolls. Dr. Contreras quoted me $5,000 for TT, lipo, BL and BBL. I think this a very good price! I can't believe I will be in the DR in less than 2 1/2 months! I can't wait!

Changed My Mind Again

I changed my mind on my choice of doctor AGAIN! I have decided to go with one of my original choices, Dr. Disla. I just don't feel that Dr. Contreras really shapes bigger women that well. I have paid the deposit to Disla, booked my flights, and paid for the recovery house in full so that I won't have to bring that much money with me. I am so excited, 2 months away from leaving. I can't believe time has gone by so fast.

41 More Days!

All I think about day and night is having my surgery. The doctor requires my BMI to be at or below 35 in order for me to have surgery, and she said if I stay around 210 pounds then I should be fine. Currently I am at 215, but ideally I would like to weigh 205 on the day of surgery. Next week I will be buckling down to lose this 10 pounds!
I have been reading a lot of the reviews on here, and they are so informative and inspirational! I'm glad there are women that take the time out of their day to blog and post reviews.
I will definitely keep everyone up to date regarding my surgery, as much as I can!

21 More Days!

The time is just flying by...
I've already got my bags packed pretty much, just waiting for the 31st when I will be taking off in an airplane bound for the DR! It's getting so close and I'm SO nervous, yet I'm super excited all at once. I'm still trying to lose 10 pounds, it's so hard. I am getting back on the bandwagon today, because I won't be able to get my surgery if I don't drop these last few pounds!
I'm bringing my mom with me so I won't be alone when I am over there, I really wish my bf could come with me, but he has to stay back and work (his job won't let him take that much time off). I'm going to miss him lots, but I'm going to miss my little guy who's 4 1/2 much more. I pray that everything goes well and God keeps me safe, so that I may return safe and sound.

Leaving for Airport Tomorrow

The day has come, I'm leaving tomorrow afternoon heading towards Miami then DR on Tuesday! My surgery will be Wednesday. I'm all packed and ready to go, and super excited! It's really hard leaving my son and boyfriend back home, but I feel I really deserve this much needed change. I will keep you ladies up to date as much as I can. Wish me luck!

On the Other Side

I guess it's time to update my review, I will start from the beginning. When I got to DR, was met at the airport and taken straight to CIPLA. When I arrived, I met with Dra. Disla who is so sweet and very honest, which I admire. She sent me downstairs for xray and blood work then the cardiologist met me back upstairs to take an EKG. Everything was perfect, and the doctor was pleasantly surprised that my hemoglobin was at 15.5 which meant I could have the aggressive lipo that I wanted. I askedfor a tummy tuck, breast reduction/lift, aggressive lipo and just a little bit in my butt (I don't want to look like ive had work done). I went to sleep that night, and arrived at CIPLA the next morning at 6:00 for surgery. I waited for a room for over half an hour but finally got one. I took the famous blue pill and waited for someone to come get me for surgery. A man arrived and wheeled me away on a gurney and took me down to the operating room. They put an IV in me and before I knew it I was fast asleep. I only woke up once during surgery towards the end but all I felt was poking not really any pain. After surgery, they wheeled me back up to my room. The doctor came to see how I was after her second surgery. She told me that she did all the procedures I asked, except for the arm lipo as my hemo dropped after the tummy tuck. I am glad she didn't though because I thankfully did not need a blood transfusion. I am posting a pic with my faja on, I am still VERY swollen though. Overall I am very happy with the doctor I chose. I will uodate again soon.

11 Days PO

Hi ladies,
So I figured I would give you a quick update. I will do a full update when I get home, as it is very hard to type long reviews on my phone. I am doing very well, all the bruises are healing nicely and the swelling has gone down A LOT. I had a 3XL Faja after surgery, and I am already down to a size LARGE! Anyways I have attached a pic of me with a shirt on, will take more when I get home.

No More Rolls!

Here is a photo of my back (after aggressive lipo)

No More Rolls!

Here is a photo of my back (after aggressive lipo)
Dominican Republic Plastic Surgeon

Dra Disla is the most caring and down-to-earth doctor that I have ever met. I am happy with the way my surgery turned out, and I know I made the right choice.

Thank God everything went great, happy healing. What did u took yo have the iton so high, I need my levels up.
I took Blood Builder http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000F4ZRCC?pc_redir=1396536492&robot_redir=1
Thanks sooo much, take care and speedy recovery
Can't wait to see your after results!
Me neither
Glad everything went fine!! Hope to see more pictures!! Happy healing!
Thanks so much :)
Good luck my surgery with disla is on the 8th
Wishing you luck
Good luck, see you on the flatter side. ;)
I am having my first consultation tomorrow! Good luck on your surgery and keep us updated with pictures!
I will be praying for you.
Thanks so much!
Good luck, please keep us updated
Will do Hun.
;)
Good Luck! Not too much longer!
Thanks hun you too! Your date is sooner than mine!