Dr Duran IS My Lady.. Final Decision! New Thread - Dominican Republic, DO

I recently started a post on here with all kinds...

I recently started a post on here with all kinds of questions regarding Dr Cabral and Dr Yily and managed to post it to totally the wrong section, lol. So, its been two weeks and still I am waiting for any kind of communication back from either of them and in the mean time I discovered the delightful Dra Duran.. Wow, what a breathe of fresh air this lady is! Even though at this stage, our talks are in the first stages, already I am getting good gut-feeling about her.. Firstly, she responds, lol, and secondly, she seems happy in what she does and treats her patients with that personal touch we all desire! Thats something I have read from many other patients/possible patients of hers but iv experienced that first hand now. My quote for Lipo, Tummy Tuck and BBL is $5000! I also want Breast Augmentation but due to an underlying medical condition (Type1 Diabetes) that could possibly effect the healing process, im thinking of holding that off or maybe staying in the Dominican Republic a little longer and getting it done as a seperate surgery once healing has progressed with the previous procedures.. but either way I eventually want it done! So now its all about gathering as much information as I can from Duran about the surgery etc and self research into everything else, costs, flights, meds and so on!

Have any of you written up a list of things, meds, vitamins etc that you will take with you and have any advice on pre-op preperations? Do most Doctors generally advise the same things running up to surgery and after?

Can any of you ladies give me some information on Angela's Recovery House.. like prices, packages and contact info. And also the recovery house/clinic at CIPLA, has anyone ever stayed there? I also heard Duran likes her ladies to stay at Plaza Florida Suites.. what do you think ladies?

Are there any dolls planning their trip around the first week of December? I will be travelling from the Uk and would really love a buddy for my time over there.. the whole "doing it solo" is what scares me the most if im honest, lol!

Blah blah blah, lol.. I could go on and on :D

did any of you send your deposit via money gram? Dra Duran mentioned transferring via citibank but i'm with chase or wells fargo...
Lol I made my decision today also. Aug 30th
Whoop whoop! Congratulations hun.. Aug 30th is just around the corner.. U will have to let me know how it goes x

FINALLY.. Yily has landed in my inbox, lol!

So after a long wait, Yily has finally quoted me! To my suprise though she has not mentioned a tummy tuck which has shocked me as I feel I am in need of that.. Both Duran and Campos suggested me having one! But anyway, here is what she quoted.. I asked for two, one to include BA and one without.......

The price for fat grafting to buttock, BBL, liposuction of abdomen, armpit, back, flanks, waist, breast augmentation with implant is 4700$USD. It also includes pre-operatory tests ( TTP, HIV, Hbs, HCV, BASAL GLYCEMIA,GLYCEMIA, UREA, SERUM CREATININE, FULL BLOOD COUNT, VDRL, BLOOD TYPE Y RH) , cardiologist (EKG), anesthesiologist (epidural block), clinic fees (room, operating room, nurses, IVs, 3 meals, surgical assistants, etc).

The price for fat grafting to buttock, BBL, liposuction of abdomen, armpit, back, flanks, waist, 3200$USD. It also includes pre-operatory tests ( TTP, HIV, Hbs, HCV, BASAL GLYCEMIA,GLYCEMIA, UREA, SERUM CREATININE, FULL BLOOD COUNT, VDRL, BLOOD TYPE Y RH) , cardiologist (EKG), anesthesiologist (epidural block), clinic fees (room, operating room, nurses, IVs, 3 meals, surgical assistants, etc).

I have heard that Yily is slightly reserved when it comes to the BBL and doesnt put in as many cc's as Duran.. Can anyone confirm that? I cant find many photos of her Dolls whereas Duran has loads and they are all impressive :D Food for thought.

You know I never knew how much she put on me but it was not much! I never saw her again after my SX.. I email her to ask her but she has not replied :/
Lol.. Communication is a real issue with these doc's isnt it!
IM going to have sx with Duran on December 19th anyone schedules for this date as well??

DRA BAEZ QUOTE

I contacted Dra Baez the same time I contacted Duran/Cabral/Yily and even though I will be going with Duran I will keep you guys updated with any info I now recieve from the others, just for your own research purposes really!
So anyway, Baez sent me a lovely email explaining that she does not do any surgery on Diabetics who live outside DR incase any complications occur post-op.

As for DURAN.. After my gleaming review of how wonderful our communication has been I am now coming up against a brick wall, lol! I have my quote and really am desperate to secure my Dec 2nd but need to know exactly what IS and is NOT included in that final price and what extra costs I will be charged. Can any of you previous/future Duran dolls help me out please and aslo what you had to do to secure your date? Lol, my patience are wearing thin here :D

Give her a $500 deposit for ur date. U may find that she faster on fb then her email..
Hi Bklynbeauty! How'd you send your deposit? I was going to do a bank transfer but I'm having issues getting the recipients address... Do you know if she takes money gram?
:-(not available to travel till past the 17th of Dec.

DATE WITH DURAN SEMI-SECURED :D

I'm an extremely happy bunny now.. I started to get a little anxious with the lack of communication with Duran as I only have two dates im able to travel before Christmas and really really want to get this all done before the new year so started to fear that by the time I hear back from her, the dates would be fully booked. However, she has been in contact with me again the past couple of days, with ALL the information/answers I needed and I am now in the process of getting my deposit sent through, flights booked and recovery house booked.

I would like to add.. Dra Duran is an adorable lady! She is so sweet and down to earth! She was so apologetic for taking time to return my messages and even though at the time I was highly frustrated, she is a lady in demand and yet still rather answer her patients personally as opposed to having an assistant do all the talking 2nd hand! This can only be seen as a good thing really. A positive. So anyway, I will give you all a brief breakdown of what information/instructions she has given me in case it helps any of you with any questions you may be needing answered.

PROCEDURES: I was hoping to get Tummy Tuck/ Lipo/ BBL/ BA, but Dra Duran said she will not carry out too many procedures on me at once due to me being Diabetic and the added risk of infections/complications. So the BA is being left for another time.

SECURING DATE: I was advised to send the deposit, $500, from CitiBank to Dra Durans account, however I do not have a CitiBank account. This was the last thing discussed and I am waiting on her reply now as I need an alternative way to send it to her. Fingers crossed there will not be an issue! The following I have copy & pasted from her email....... "Please send me an email once you have sent the deposit so that I can confirm and secure your date. Also provide me with your flight information and recovery house details once you have them so that I am able to ensure you have everything you need for your stay. This deposit is non-refundable unless due to medical or emergency purposes, which then must be accompanied by proper documentation." Ladies, I will update this review once I have further information from Duran on alternative methods to send deposit, if any.

INCLUDED IN PRICE: Pre-surgical medical examinations, Cardiologic Evaluation, Photographs (before and after surgery), Operating Room, Anesthesia, Post-surgical Accessory (1 Garment), Supplies and disposable materials, Medicines (analgesics and antibiotics), Medical fees, One night at the clinic, One night of nursing care, Consultation and medical checks before and after surgery, Physician examinations and consultations, pre and post-operative.

EXCLUDED IN PRICE: The cost of medical insurance and post-operative medications. The medical insurance is a requirement and its purpose serves to ensure that you are covered in the event that you will need to be transferred to a local hospital in case of an emergency. The cost of this insurance is $130 USD. The cost of the post-operative medication is $150 USD... I am guessing by post-op meds she means everything other than pain killers and antibiotics as previously stated they are included in the price. Post-op meds listed are: Fraxiparine (Stop Blood Clots) Amoxicillin/Clavulanic Acid (Antibiotic), Mexapin (Antibiotic), Iron, Vitamin C, B12, Omeprazole protein/Ensure, Lioton gel/Heparin gel), Arnica (tab and cream)... I don't see any pain killers listed here so will buy some before hand or when in Dom Rep if possible over the counter or through Dra Duran just in case they are not included. Lol, I'm a wimp for pain, a real wimp :D Also, I tend to get a little anxious at the best of times so may even have to pop a Valium or two.

ALSO BRING: Sanitary towels, wipes, white cotton t shirts, comfortable clothes.

PRE-OP: You can use a month before: Iron, Folic Acid, Vitamin C and B12 (to stabilize Hemoglobin level if needed). Use 2 days before surgery an antibacterial scrub/wash like Dermiscrub liquid soap... *I have seen a package on MMH that consists of a ready formulated pre-post op mix of supplement & vitamins and after reading the reviews I think I will purchase these. They have a 2 week pre-op supply and 30 day post-op supply.* I'm going to get my Hemoglobin Levels checked in the next week or two to see where I stand on that and to see if I need to fix it! Ladies, do you know if any of these vitamins can do harm if you are at decent levels already? Just curious.

RECOVERY HOUSES: Duran said that although she likes Plaza Florida Suites that should would like me to stay at a recovery house for the extra care due to me having Diabetes. She recommended three: Angela's, Jazmine's or Sonya's.

ADDITIONAL INFO: Ok, so this following information will not apply to most of you doll's but yet again, due to me having Diabetes, Duran would like me to arrive a few days before surgery and stay for at least 15 days post-op. I will need to have additional pre/post-op checks with an Endocrinologist to keep an eye on that side of things. I am to keep a STRICT control of my sugar levels at all times from now (this is a key rule in diabetic care anyway) and also quit smoking or at very least stop two weeks prior to surgery. Same said for alcohol.

Dra Duran is bang on it with this Diabetes! That comforts me a great deal. She is leaving no stones unturned when it comes to my health and safety and I love her for that. I truly feel my life is safe in her hands. She is being extremely cautious. I'm aware complications can arise in patients with no chronic illness, sometimes it just happens, but I feel confident that SHE is doing all that she has to and as long as I do my job right my risks should be minimized. She really is a diamond! I can't stress that enough. I'm not bashing anyone but when I got a quote from Yily she never mentioned or acknowledged my condition. Same goes to Campos. His assistant simply stated there is no problem with him working on me. Baez, bless her, says she does not do surgery on Diabetics from out of the country just in case any problems do arise post-op. I respect that fully. I have booked in for a full assessment with an Endocrinologist and my GP here in the UK anyway just so I can settle my mind! Imagine I travelled all that way only to be told she can't go ahead with my surgery for one reason or another! To say id be upset is somewhat of an understatement, lol! So right now its all about getting myself in the healthiest possible state, getting informed on my overall health and bloods and then working hard on improving anything that's slightly off. Fingers crossed it will all be good. I'm not 100% sure about my Cholesterol level though, I think it was on the high side when last checked so that will need to come down. Does that even effect surgery? I don't know :D Anyway, I'm sure most of this info you ladies already have but I thought id share it anyway. Nothing worse than trying to get informed and coming up against brick walls left, right and centre.

Hope you are all well ladies and have a great weekend :D

Good luck on this journey! I've heard some sanitary complaints as well like RD stated below. Butttt the few that has complained still got they surgery come on now...hmmmm SMDH. What does that tell you? I say the best way to fight infection starts within we have to make sure we speak up if we see some ish that ain't right. That's for any PS IN THE STATES OR OUT OF THE COUNTRY! ! I've also read many post stating they had no sanitary issues! Clearly if a person let a bloody doc with no gloves come and mark them up for surgery who's the fool? Ijs
Well said! I mean, if I get all the way from UK to Dom Rep and see anything in the slight bit iffy i'll be off again, lol! It speaks wonders for the people that have said they have seen filth and still gone ahead and diced with that danger! As much of a misery it is wanting a better figure id never put my life at risk for it.
Hey ! I sent it to her bank account number.. Don't think she takes money gram.. Try contacting her assistant , Elizabeth Belen , (on fb) perhaps for different payment option ?

DATE SECURED :D

Just to let you all know, I am now fully booked in :D So I have a date with the fabulous Duran on DECEMBER 2nd! If anyone else will be about on or around that time and would like to buddy-up with me, get in touch! Ohhhhh I can barely contain my excitement here, lol.. My journey has now officially begun.

Great review!!! i plan on going with dr duran, but im not sure if i have enough fat....( do you know if she accepts any of those cosmetic medical loans?
Hey Nursekee! Im not sure if she does. Iv never heard anyone else discuss it either.. Just due to the lack of payment options in general I wouldnt hold out any hopes on it but u never kno. In regards to u having enuff fat, if u send ur pix over to Duran she will give an honest opinion.. Good luck x
God bless! You will be " fine " in more ways than one! :-)

HEY LADIES :D

Hey hey girls! Just a quick check-in to see how you are all doing?
So I have been speaking to Yasmin about staying at her RH.. Everything seems great so far, she is able to care for my Diabteic needs and has room for the days I require, 18 nights in total, grrrrrr. Hopefully get that finalized and booked this week.
Anyway, hope you are all enjoying your weekend.

How did u send the deposit after all? I'm confused where to send mine someone in the fb group said chase bank !!! But I'm not sure
Hey.. Duran told me I need to transfer the deposit from CitiBank to her account with Banreservas but I do not have a Citibank account! I asked if I could transfer the money from my bank account, paypal or western union and she said no. She told me she would book me in for my surgery and that I can pay in full on arrival but to bring a copy of our emails with me so it can be confirmed that she agreed to it and have no hassle on the day.
Duran wiirks wit all sizes she recently did an asian doll and we dont know where she got the fat from

WHO'S ABOUT???

I shall be in the Dominican Republic from 29th November - 18th December! Any of you ladies going to be about on these dates? Let me know :D

I can't wait for you to fill us in
Im there 17 nov-1 dec