Just Another Flat Butt Story - Dominican Republic, DO

I'm an athletic 36 year old who believed the squat...

I'm an athletic 36 year old who believed the squat hype. No, sorry, I did a bazillion of them and my but is a little harder, but it's still boxy and flat. I am an exotic dancer in Las Vegas, so I actually see a lot of perfect butts. Lots of girls own getting work on it too, which definitely helps as far as research, but also gives me major butt envy. Since I'm only getting older and I want to stay in this game for as long as possible, it's time to get some work done. Again.

I decided on dra baez mostly because she has the credentials and actually replied to my emails. Plays august is really slow for work, so I wanted to get it done relatively soon. I don't know how I'm going to handle the wait as it is!

I'm mostly concerned about the weight gain. I have to work hard to keep my weight down. I live to eat and and not blessed with a fast metabolism. My job requires I stay in good shape as I've been put on probation before. I was 155 then. I'm 140 now and Dra Baez says I need to gain 10 more. I do want a juicy butt, but it doesn't have the be bubbalicious. I'm 5'9".

So hopefully this review can help some of the lanky girls out there who are scared of gaining lots of weight and don't necessarily want a badonk. I didn't see many of those. I'm also getting arm lipo even those my arms look okay right now, but they blow up easily, and I don't want that busty bruiser look when I gain. Plus extra harvested fat is good, right?

Congrats on your upcoming surgery with Baez! She's a great choice! :) She's one of the safest surgeons in D.R. and her results look natural! She won't give you a ridiculously huge fake looking booty. And like you said, she's good with responding. She only does two patients a day so she has time to give her patients the attention they deserve.... So how long do you plan to take off from dancing to recover/heal?
check out Bellagotcakes and fitnfine
I plan to take off a whole month. I may work with a waist cincher on too if I still am bruised or healing. I hope that should be enough time though. August is terrible anyway. I love having a legit excuse to take it off.

Surprisingly a lot of support so far

I attached a pic of my butt from a few years ago before I focused on butt building exercises. There is a difference but it's hardly noticeable.

I was totally excepting to get a lot of negative feedback from friends about this surgery, but most are supportive and some are excited. Not that I'm looking for anyone's approval, but I am excited about it. Even my sister is looking into going to DR for a tummy tuck. I wish we could go together, but I want this surgery yesterday and she's still trying to lose a few more lbs.

I'm also looking closer at the girls I work with who have the whole teeny waist and big butts and I wish more were more honest about it. Most are Latina and are part of these Spanish speaking work cliques and it's kinda awkward for me to be all, "so who did your butt?" I wish I could take pics of their butts to show you without being a total creeper.

And seeing the way guys are drawn to it. I'm very excited because most guys don't even have a clue that such a procedure exists and basically it just means money. Men love ass.

Letter from Dr baez

This is what she sent me after first saying she couldn't do surgery unless I gained 10+ pounds. I notice a lot of ladies saying her quotes include massages. Not anymore.
____________________________

Price for the surgeries that you are requesting, liposculture to arms, abdomen, waist, back, flanks plus Brazilian butt lift (including hips) is US$ 3000 dollars, which includes:
-Airport pick up (from SDQ airport to my office or hotel)
-evaluation by plastic surgeon
-Cardiovascular evaluation
- Laboratory exams
-Anesthesia
-Surgeries
-Overnight stay in the clinic
-First compressive garment
-Free of charge follow ups (transportation not included)
-Medication post-surgery (antibiotics and analgesics)
- Lymphatic drain massages and ultrasound massages are not included, cost is 300 dollars extra
You must be less than 180 pounds or around that in order to have surgery and diminish risk of complications. If you have any clinical condition you must obtain clearance from your doctor, if you smoke you must quit two months before surgery and have clearance of your pulmonologist. The amount of fat transfer to your buttocks depends on how many cc can be extracted with liposuction. Your results also depend on your hemoglobin level if you want to get excellent results you really have to be healthy and no anemia and please ask your primary can doctor to take some blood test like glycaemia, full blood cell count and creatinine at least to know if you can have all surgeries done. You can begin to take vitamins once your surgery appointment is near (Iron, Vitamin C and B12 plus Folic acid are very helpful).
Important info:
Your date for surgery is important because I work from Monday to Friday (days for surgery are from Tuesday to Thursday). I just have one patient per day, you also have to arrive one day before surgery to be evaluated and have lab work done, and if you are arriving early it is better for you because lab test can be done from 8.00 am to 6.00 pm.
Medication included in you package are antibiotics, analgesics and gastric protection medication, all drugs provided are given to take by mouth, but you will have to buy Enoxaparin, water pill and creams for bruises and any other medication not previously included, medicines aren’t expensive here so you will spend less than 150 dollars. Massages are not included. You should bring compression socks to wear them after surgery. Your compressive garment included is a Fajate or Mariae’s brand item if you want one more garment cost 120-150 dollars. You will need to buy a stage two faja 5-7 days after your surgery so if you want you can bring one or buy it here in a faja store.
I work with a team, my cardiologist will evaluate you and my anesthesiologist will examine you and discuss what type of anesthesia suits you right, you might have epidural block or general anesthesia. Anesthesiologist and cardiologist have the last word about how many procedures can be done safely on you.
If you are aiming to have a breast augmentation, there are several brands of breast implants but all are silicone gel cohesive, texturized implants (Silimed, Eurosilicone, and Donasis) depending on the brand you choose then your quote might be lower or higher, (Silimed is the most expensive brand as we do not have mentor implants anymore). If you have breast surgery at the same time with Brazilian Butt lift, you have to know that you could face some issues with the projection and volume of your butt after surgery as you will have to sleep over your back.
PLASTIC SURGERY IS NOT THE SAME AS WEIGHT LOSS SURGERY; YOU HAVE TO BE INSIDE NORMAL RANGE OF BMI (BODY MASS INDEX) OR JUST OVERWEIGHT TO HAVE SURGERY. IF YOU SMOKE OR USE ADDICTIVE DRUGS YOU MUST QUIT THEM ONE OR TWO MONTHS BEFORE SURGERY AND TWO MONTHS AFTER TOO IN ORDER TO GET GOOD RESULTS AND NO COMPLICATIONS. PLASTIC SURGERIES ARE FOR HEALTHY PEOPLE OR THOSE WHO HAVE ANY CLINICAL CONDITION BUT ARE UNDER CONTROL, IF YOU HAVE ANY DISEASE YOU HAVE TO CONSULT AND GET APPROVAL OF YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE SURGERY.
We are located in Santo Domingo (capital of the country), Dominican Republic; the nearest airport is Las Americas International Airport (SDQ). I work at Instituto de Cirugia Especializada, the clinic is placed in Gazcue neighborhood (Address is Bolivar Avenue 208, suite 405, 4th floor), and it is near to hotels and colonial zone; my cellphone number is 18098908143 and office number 18096899342. If you need transportation or a recovery house, there are several in Santo Domingo areas; I don’t work with an exclusive recovery house and i don’t have a preferred one, these recovery house are near clinic: Yasmin, Armonia and Daisy. You can hire a taxi driver at a recovery house, from my office or from yellow pages, a round trip from my office to the place you are staying it costs about 10 dollars. Recovery houses are the best place to stay as they can offer all services but some patients don’t feel fine staying there. You can stay in a hotel but you will need to come with someone else so that person can take care of you. You will need to come to my office for follow up 2-3 times during your stay in the country. This is a link in Google maps with the location of my clinic.
You will have to stay in Santo Domingo from 10 -14 days depending on the surgeries you will get. You will be able to get back to your work in two weeks (average). I know some English but I can’t speak fluently, my assistant will help me in your evaluation to have a better communication.
Quotes are good for 6 months after that cost might change or some items could not be included. I just accept payment in cash (US dollars) for your surgery. It is not necessary to deposit to my bank account to lock a surgery date, you just have to confirm your surgery 3 weeks before traveling here but you can if you are willing to do it. You can transfer total cost of your surgery if you are willing to when your date of surgery is close.
I don’t have paypal account and I don’t like to receive money by western union as I don’t have enough time to get the money. Once you deposit the money you can send me an email and i will confirm that everything is ok. If you have a problem and you need to have your deposit I will charge you some money for transfer and electronic consults (around 100 dollars) but the rest I can send it back to you. Questions or doubts about the price or the elements included in your surgery package just email and I will reply as fast as I can but please try to send all of them in just one email in order to make things easier for me as I receive several emails in just one day.

Sincerely,

Australia Fragoso Baez, MD.
Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery.

Hi I'm post op 2 months and I had to gain 10 lbs and was very upset about it and when I got there she said I didn't have enough fat so she did my arms and thighs to find fat I'm glad she did. DR Duran did my surgery
Do you wish you gained more or are you okay with more lipo? I think having thinner thighs and arms would be better, but I haven't been there.
I'm glad the girl u know own their plastic surgery. The bitches I know will swear to god they didn't get sx even though just last month they were flat as a board lol

These plastic surgery simulators are fun!

I am still working on gaining weight but I have three months, so I'm in no rush. Instead of finding wish pics, I made me own. I'm hoping to round out my hips and bring in my waist. I'd love an inner thigh gap too. I hope this is realistic.

I was a gym rat doing the Arnold grunt while doing my heavy weight squats too! It will be so nice to already have a butt already! Congrats and good luck to u(:(:(:
Looking forward to your updates!!!
Keep us update and good luck.

2 weeks!

Time went by a lot faster than I expected. I think needing to save up the money and wanting to gain weight helps since you want the extra time. I'm not exactly sure how much I gained because I refuse to get on the scale, but I'm guessing about 20. It was pretty easy. I just stopped caring about what I ate and stopped working out. Metabolism in your 30s suuuuuucks.

I hope it's enough weight. I feel like a dolphin. This surgery can't come soon enough.

Good luck I'lol be seeing her in September
Can't wait to see your review baez you going to make you look fab!!!
Welcome..!

To thigh lipo or to not thigh lipo

Only three days until I fly to DR! I'm super excited. Now, thighs. I wasn't originally planning on doing them because I don't want the skinny leg/big butt look, but with the weight gain, I think I might have to add it to the list so I can get this kind of look. I think as long as there are hips, it doesn't look weird.

I don't want to regret making the wrong decision here. I might just being having an impulse reaction to the weight gain and not being objective.

Ay! Tropical Storm Bertha

I'm leaving home Sunday night. Will arrive in DR Monday afternoon. Surgery Tuesday. Yikes! I think I'm gonna barely miss it. I guess this is the risk you take when you schedule surgery during hurricane season.

Check out some of the other small girls' pages. It will help you feel at ease and know what to expect. Good luck.
Good luck you will look great!!!;)

6 hours until surgery

...and can't sleep. Go figure. So I'll write a mini review so far.

I flew copa airlines here from Las Vegas. Would recommend. I like international airlines because they usually serve better food and don't nickel and dime you on baggage fees. I probably overpacked. I def overpacked, but whatever.

Landed in DR at 3:30 pm. After customs and picking up bags, was met by my driver who is hired by Dra Baez and went straight to her office.

You guys, the driving was not that scary. Everyone's reviews on here had me terrified. The office is tiny. There were four other women in the waiting room. She's busy, but she only does surgeries per day so I'm not sure what was going on. Everyone was talking in Spanish. Her brother in law was working reception and his English is very good. He's a really smart guy. I loved talking to him while I waited for her.

I finally saw her about 5:30 and she asked for all my information and wishes, and was every bit as lovely as everyone says. I originally asked for arm lipo, but she told me that my biggest problem with my arms is the extra skin and lipo wouldn't help much, so I should get an arm lift or workout more, but did not recommend lipo for arms. So the price went down to $2800. I'll also be getting inner thigh lipo, which wasn't in my original quote. I figured my price would be the same, but I guess the inner thigh lipo at no extra charge. Cool!

Then she asked me to pay her. If you are like me, you are a little uneasy about just handing over that kind of money to someone you just met when you're still in the "what the fuck am I doing?" phase. But she said I could just pay for the pre-op lab tests if I wanted. Those were $300 alone. I decided to just okay everything.

I did my EKG, x-rays, blood and urine tests. Since it was late, I won't know the results of my blood tests until morning, she she seemed unconcerned since I told her I was taking iron pills for 3 months. Okay, the hospital is a little rustic, but I heard horror stories about people drawing blood without gloves on and stuff. I didn't see anything that concerned me too much as far as being unsanitary. Like they burn the tip of the syringe used to draw blood so it can't be reused. It's not modern, but that's okay. As long as my doctor is competent and my surgery is sanitary, I'm satisfied.

Anyway, I finally arrived to Serentiy recover house at around 8, starving. Was told by Dra Baez to eat a lot, but nothing after 10. I'm a vegetarian so I don't know if they were ready for that. They made me boiled potatoes with slices of American cheese melted on top. Eh. I was so hungry, I didn't care. I hope it gets better, but I'm not really picky.

I booked a triple and have a roommate. She's really nice, so I am happy to share with her. She barely has any stuff. I was surprised but she said she was here for a TT a few months ago and knew not to bring much. She's getting a BBL from Dra Yily first thing in the morning too. She can't sleep either lol.

Our room has a giant closet with three keys. There's nobody else in the house right now, so I'm not too concerned. I was told a few more were coming later in the week. The condo is beautiful. The neighborhood is lovely. I like it here so far.

I'm trying not to think about everything that's happening, but that's like impossible. This is absolute insanity to me that I'm here in DR, by myself, getting plastic surgery. But it's normal here. There are about 50 plastic surgeons here, which is ridiculously high for such a small city, but doing plastic surgery for tourists is a much more profitable way to earn a living than practicing other forms of medicine on the locals. My first driver has a recovery house too. Apparently there are like 25 of those here. I had no idea. I'm used to the bubble of realself where there are like 5-6 houses and about that many plastic surgeons.

I don't regret coming alone. There are so many people here who are here to take care of me who understand what I'm doing and what I need. There's already a lounge chair with the butt part cut out in our room for chrissakes.

Done!

Went in at 6am. Did admission paperwork, got IV inserted by nurse and got marked up by dra Baez around 7. Surgery at 7:30. I had an epidural for anesthesia so I felt everything and could talk. I wasn't in much pain until the upper abdomen. I said "pain pain" and then it was a blur after that. I guess they injected some pain meds in my IV. Then I came to again when I think they were punching me in the butt and hips. This might not be what really happened, but it's what seemed like was happening. As I was being wheeled out of the recovery room, I saw it was 12:30. So 5 hours for the entire surgery.

I went to hospital room where I stayed the next 24 hours. I had an overnight nurse in my room. Never asked for one, but I was glad to have someone keep me company even though I didn't really need her and there was a language barrier. It's nice not to feel alone, you know?

I am not in much pain. More uncomfortable than anything else because laying on your belly for 24 hours is not fun, especially when you can't move much bc your IV. At least I had a catheter so I didn't have to worry about the bathroom.

Now I'm back at the recovery house. First massage tomorrow. I wouldn't leave you without a pic so here's a littl something for now.

Rapid recovery..!
Following your journey. Looking good honey! Can't wait to see more pics. Happy healing!
The booty is looking plump girl!

Massage one complete

It looks worse than it feels

Pic didn't load

Not my worst idea ever

I saw this in the clearance summer section at Walmart for $5 and figured I'd try it. It's $10 online here http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sevylor-Cooler-Float/19726286

I've got two pillows propped under my back and my butt is totally floating in space. Laying on my back feels like heaven. I really recommend getting this. Travels so easily too.

Now that I'm comfy, I want to write more lol

So this was my hospital room I stayed in for 24 hours after surgery. It wasn't that bad, but I was pretty miserable there so I look at the pictures with dread. The fake flowers were a nice touch. The nurse slept on the couch.

The recovery house is nice. I love it here. I don't recommend ever trying to be polite and saying you enjoyed eating something if you didn't because they will keep serving it to you even after you ask them to stop. I've had the same potatoes and cheese dinner every damned night and I'm just glad I'm not very hungry. They have great fruit here, so I've said that I'd eat fruit for every meal and I would. I even said straight out I wanted peanut butter and banana sandwiches to two different people who work here and saw the overcooked, soaked in butter and cheese potatoes again tonight. They are so sweet and accommodating. I wish I could communicate better with them.

My massage today with Andrea and she was great. She charges $25 and it was an hour and a half long. She was so gentle. I was expecting a horror show after reading some of the reviews but most of it was relaxing and quite pleasant.

I've been here 4 days and so far it's just me and one other girl. I heard there's more coming this weekend. My roommate was supposed to get a BBL with dr Yily on the same day as me but hasn't had it yet because she was 5 lbs overweight. Don't come here thinking you'll get away with that. They are very strict about bmi. She's been here before for a tummy tuck and says it's crazy in march because of tax refunds. I thought that dora meme was a joke, but nope. Avoid late winter/early spring if you can. You'll have a better recovery house experience IMO.

Damn, I love this cooler float. And dra Baez. And the netflix down in DR has much better stuff than the one in the US! I guess licensing down here is less strict. ::laxxed::

Loved your review so far! Baez is so sweet.

Stage 2 faja pics

Just moved on to this and feel fantastic. I'm gonna have to get better at butt selfies.

I love reading your journey. It was positive, informative, and straight to the point. You hear soooo many horror stories about DR, im glad that you have had a positive experience so far and to do it alone...KUDOS. To you!
Gosh, thanks. That's is exactly what I was aiming for.

Recovery house thoughts

If you are on the fence on whether you should get a single or share a room with people you don't know, get a single. That's my only regret so far. Everyone is nice and all, but it's like, some girl is getting calls from her boyfriend demanding answers at 3am because she doesn't want him to know she's in DR having surgery and he knows something is up. Or someone's on the toilet with diarrhea when you really have to pee. Or you have some lady asking your masseuse a million questions about where she bought her machine when you're trying to relax and enjoy a massage. Also it seems like everyone likes the room at a different temperature. I have woken up both sweating and freezing. One chick liked to have the TV on at night. I hate that. Like I said, nice people, but the little shit that comes up is getting to me. And I'm already irritable from surgery.

I don't do small talk. Maybe on a normal day, but not now. I don't want to make friends, especially with the pre-op girls because they are excited and chatty and I am miserable. I don't want to sit there and look at all your wish pics. I want to go hide in my room and watch netflix on my ipad. Post-op chicks are less chatty, but I had to leave the room one night because the vomit sounds my roommate was making were about to make me throw up.

I just wish I spent the extra money to not be disgusted, stressed out and extra uncomfortable.

Happy to see you love your results! I'll be seeing Baez 9/8. What'd you do for pain? Meds? If so, what kind?

8 days pics

After my massage

Lol sounds like a college down room or a miami hostel experience. I feel bad for you, I'm the same, I like it fall and quiet while I sleep.. but it'll be over before you know it and you'll be on your way home. Happy healing honey! =)
*dorm
*dark and quiet.... ugh swype!!!

2 weeks post op

I know I'm not supposed to worry too much at this point about the shape and size of my butt, but when I do comparisons, I see progress. I'd be happy if the next few months flew by.

Wow your results look amazing!!!! I hope mine come out like yours!
Looking good! I have a flat white girl butt so nice to see pics where the before isn't the same as my "wish pic" heh. How's it going? Any updates? Dr Baez sounds lovely. That's an unbelievable price btw. The thought of being alone in another country for surgery gives me the heebiejeebies O_o Your a brave one XO
Beautiful!

3 weeks

I love my lipo. I love my hips. I love my side profile. I'm kinda meh about my butt. Trying not to think about it too much yet, but it's still squarish at the crack. I started out with a square, so I guess I'm not too surprised, but still. I was hoping for something softer. And it seems uneven. I've seen reviews were this happens and everything works out okay in the end, so gonna give it some time before I worry about it.

You look great happy healing
You look great, thanks so much for your review! I'm scheduled with Baez for November 17th. How long did you stay in DR post-op?
I stayed 10 days. I think that's enough. I think you could get away with less if you have people to help you at home.

Pics

So my cheeks evened out. So that's nice. I tried on some of my old jeans for kicks. Not even close.

So far, so good.

looks good! when are you planning to go back to work. I'm a dancer too i wannnnnnna go bk to work lollllll. Im nervous tho i don't want to go to soon
Looking great doll, thanks for the reviews and happy healing.
Wow it look like you are fluffing and that waistline is amazing. .. congratulations

2 months

I took some pics after my first night of sleeping with no CG on. My skin still looks a little loose, but not like scrambled eggs like it used to look after a few hours of no garment. It's still kind of sensitive. Still that sunburn feeling and muscle tension. It gets better every week, thank god.

I realized I never posted my stats. I was 5'9" and 158 at the time of surgery (140 before weight gain) and I'm 157 now. So no change, really. But my waist went from 30" to 27.5". I don't know my pre-op hips. Now it's 41".

dra baez said she put 1000 in each cheek and 500 in each hip. A lot is still in there. I know my post-op isn't big enough for a lot of you ladies, but from where I came from, it's fantastic. It's full and round. It's a good shape and looks natural. I am super pleased with how it's fluffing and getting that bottom fullness.

Looking hot girl congrats
you look great.! love your results. natural and thanks so much for all the helpful info. im paying my deposit for Dr. B on 10/17/14 and hoping to get scheduled early feb/march..i know march is tax season but i dont want to get stuck here in dc for the winter season. cant wait. the rs h as som nay positive sisters and i love it! xoxo continued healing!
Dominican Republic Plastic Surgeon

Most importantly, I love my results. But I appreciated having Dra Baez as my surgeon because she makes an effort to totally understand what you want and will be honest with her patients, even if it means making less money. She's attentive and sweet, even after surgery and delivered everything promised and more.