Disappointed in Pearl Laser Results

I am 54 years old and had the Pearl treatment...

I am 54 years old and had the Pearl treatment primarily to reduce the fine lines around my lip lines. My pre-treatment evaluation indicated that compared to other women my age my skin had fewer wrinkles, better pore size and less sun damage than average. However, the technician said I had quite a bit of pigmentation that the Pearl would improve.

It has been two weeks since my Pearl treatment and I have mixed feelings about the results. On the pro side my skin tone is more even and the lines around my lips seem less deep.

However, on the con side the lines under my eyes are much worse. The skin is very crepey under my eyes and I have red circles under my eyes. My lighter skin tone also seems to accentuate the remaining sun spots on my face and my pores are more visible. I also have a few scaly patches and little white bumps under my skin.

Despite having a numbing cream applied to my face prior to treatement I thought it was very painful -- more like a 6-7 on a 10 point scale vs. a 2-3 that Pearl advertises.

My recovery was non-eventful. However, I wasn't prepared for how bad I would look before my old skin peeled. I looked like a burn victim. My face was swollen and I had dark honeycombed patterns all over my face. Sleeping with a thick layer of Aquafor on my face was also icky.

I am keeping an open mind about further improvements as my doctor has indicated that my skin will improve over the next 3-6 months. However, at this point, if I had known my results, I would not have had the procedure done.

Physician's Center for Beauty

Very professional. Provided excellent care throughout procedure including pre and post.