I Want a Nose Job So Bad! - Detroit, MI

I really want to get nose surgery soon! I have...

I really want to get nose surgery soon! I have always hated my nose! Every time I see a picture of myself its all that I notice about the picture and it annoys me! Its too big and I hate the tip. I have wanted this done since I was in elementary school and I finally I can afford this surgery. I have my first appointment tomorrow with a Dr. who specializes in Nose surgery. I can't wait to take the first step! I will update tomorrow after my appointment :) I'm still kinda nervous about putting pics online of my nose... so maybe I will add some before shots of my ugly nose lol.

I had my first consultation today

Ok I added a few pics. It took a lot of guts and I didn't really want to... but I want you guys to see my before and after pics and see what I am talking about.

This morning I had the first consultation (I am going to see 2 more drs so far). I felt like the dr knew what he was talking about and he told me what he can and can't do. He specializes in rhinoplasty and has done thousands of procedures...so he knows what he is talking about... I told him that I didn't like how my nose was so wide. I feel like it was too big. I also said i don't like the tip and feel like its too droopy. He said that what he would do was to make it less wide, take the small hump down and raise the tip. He said that he would not be able to change the nostrils and would not change the tip (he could just bring it up and reposition it. his price was $6800. The number one thing i don't like about my nose is the way the tip is. it looks too big and droopy (when i look down or smile especially).... I don't know what to do...will his recommendation give me the look I want?

some more pics

2nd doctor...90% sure I will do this

Last week I went to see another doctor for a consultation. It went well. He took a look at my nose, took measurements and told me what he would do. Everything he said was what I wanted changed ( slight thinner nose, tip reduction, smooth out profile). He also said there is a chance insurance will cover a portion of this due to a deviated septum. So I am 90% sure I want to go through with this but I'm scared. On one side, I am thinking I am going to do it soon because I'm getting married in a year and I figure now is the time to do it because I don't want to hate the way my nose looks in wedding pictures. And it needs to heal in time for the wedding. On another hand, I feel kind of guilty doing this for myself... I feel somewhat selfish spending all this money on myself especially when I just had a previous breast surgery... I do know that I have hated my nose my entire life and I wish I could be happy with it. I think I may kick myself If I don't do it before my wedding. I think I may save some $ and put the other half on care credit so I can do thus soon. Any advice would be greatly appreciated? Should I do this? I'm leaning toward yes...

Im going to do it!

I decided to book surgery! I know this is what i want to do and I think I will not regret it. Last night I was looking at pictures from a recent vacation and I just kept thinking that I hated the way my nose looked in the pictures. I don't want to hate my nose anymore... it really bothers me and I think surgery will be worth it. July 29 is they day! I am confident that I am making the right choice. I am a little scared about the pain and recovery though! I think this summer is the time to do it... I have a wedding that I will be a bridesmaid in september and I am getting married in a year so I think that will be enough time for it to heal.... I hope everything turns out ok!!

Rescheduling surgery

I decided to reschedule my surgery to October because I just got a new job and I'm going to be in my friends wedding next month. There's just too much going on and I don't have time to take a week off for recovery. I'm so excited to get this done but I think its best to wait! OCT 6 is the new date.

Congrats on your upcoming surgery. Mine is in Sept.
I think your nose is perfect
I agree that your nose looks good! Why would you mess with already good looking features ...
I dont think your a good candidate for rhinoplasty, any surgeon who says you are is just looking for $$$. If you let them touch it, you run a risk of making it much worse.
Hey did u go to doctor golden? I am booked for may for my surgery and he said same thing for my nose pretty much.
Yes I went to dr golden.
I think you should do what will make you happy. I'm sorry nessi is having a rough recovery, but 5 days post op is no time to judge whether the surgery was worth it or not. It's early days. I had tip work done and am quite happy with my results (caveat that I had to have a revision, but I believe that was because I didn't choose a rhinoplasty specialist to begin with). Follow your own heart. Here's a list of questions to ask at consultations. Good luck and please let us know who you decide to go with.
Thanks! :)
Your nose looks beautiful... Don't touch it!! It's so not worth it in your case!!! I am going through the recuperation process right now... I'm 5 days post op... Thought about this all my life... And it is so hard... Now that I'm in it I fully appreciate the process... It's not fun and it has been emotional roller coster for me... Surgery is surgery .... Don't.... I want to be supportive but I think it's kinder to be honest!!!
I think this surgeon's recommendation is great. Your nostrils and tip look perfect to me and it's better not to change as he suggested. If he didn't do a computer simulation I would ask for that as well and maybe go back to him for a second consult. It's important that you and him are on the same page. Meanwhile consult with the other doctors as it's always a good idea to have more than one opinion. Good luck!
Thanks! its really hard to imagine without a computer simulation
Your nose looks nice , and i think your surgeon is right . Take it from me . Do not mess with yoyr tip. my doctor did and i have a deformed nose now. Please please follow your surgeon advice. He seems wise. Good luck to you .
I like your nose...
Good luck with your consult. Looking forward to reading your updates.