Very Impressed with the Results - Detroit, MI

I am 27, 165lbs, and athletic. I decided to have a...

I am 27, 165lbs, and athletic. I decided to have a BA a few months ago because I have very little breast tissue and after loosing weight I had about a B cup, my size did not compliment my body due to my boyish figure. My breasts were also uneven. I wanted 350 silicone unders, I didn't want to look too large.

I live on the west coast, but I decided to get my BA done in Michigan because I was going to be there for vacation for 2 weeks and had family that would be able to offer me after care. I googled many doctors on the west coast and around the Detroit/Windsor area, but I decided to go with Dr. Hardaway because she is board certified, is a clinical professor, and specializes in scar healing. I am half African/Caucasian and scars show up on my skin quite dark. Also, this clinic pre op appointments were by far more extensive and in-depth than others I had researched.

Due to my location, the clinic arranged Skype pre op appointments with me. I met with the Dr, anesthesiologist, and my nurse to discuss my surgery via video chat. The Dr. and anesthesiologist was also able to meet with me for a second appointment via telephone to discuss my situation, and the nurse and patient coordinator were available for countless meetings and phone calls to answer all of my questions. In total I had 3 pre opp appointments- 2 correspondence and 1 in person.

I got a booklet from the clinic with all of the pre and post opp info I needed, including all of my prescriptions. This was very helpful in me preparing and I have not heard of many clinics providing that for patients. I had to get my blood work and mammogram done through my family Dr., and that was very easy.

I was very indecisive about that kind of implants I wanted and size. I thought that I wanted 375 cc cohesive gel under the muscle, but after meeting with the Dr in person, she advised me that I should go bigger to achieve my goal size from pictures that I brought in. The Dr. was very kind, informative, and answered all of my questions. She understood my unique situation and she advised me on the best method to achieve my goals.

Day of surgery was smooth and went perfectly. The staff here are great women with wonderful personalities. This clinic is very professional, accommodating, and they have great results. I ended up with 410cc silicone unders. I would have never thought that was the size I would go with originally, but they look perfect! I am only 1 week post surgery, but I was very little bruising am mobile. They look better and better everyday, and the incision is quite small. I have a Skype appointment booked for next week with my Dr. for my 2 week follow up, and am back at work and will be back exercising this week.

Thanks Dr Hardaway and Staff!
Farmington Plastic Surgeon

Dr Hardaway was very professional, informative and provided me the best advise for my unique situation. She asked me a lot of questions before recommending a solution, and explained the procedure fully. I had 3 pre opp appointments, I was very impressed with the level of care that was given. She has a wonderful personality, and I am very impressed with my final result.

Ah, so "athleticandfeminine" are the same person as "nipslip2013." Thanks for clarifying. Thank you also for you updates in the thread below. Glad to hear the Skyping and emailing worked well with your PS. Also happy to hear you are checking in with your family doctor...smart idea! Just curious, what date was your actual surgery? Take it easy and keep us posted!

Congratulations! Glad to hear you had a great experience. How soon were you able to fly back home post op? What did your PS advise to do with your scars post op? Although it is early in your recovery, do you appear more symmetrical? Thank you for sharing your story on RealSelf!

I flew home 1 week post, and we have had regular correspondence over Skype and phone/email. I have also met with my family doctor separately to look over my incision area healing. My PS advised me to keep the area clean and use a ointment. I would clean the area daily with peroxide and use the ointment and cover with gauze and tape. I did this for weeks after, it helped with scaring a lot. I use bio oil and ointment daily as there is still a scar, but its fading.
I realized I signed in with another email login. Hope you have found a good PS!
Hello how are you doing do u like ur results?
I am 12 weeks post op and they area healing nicely. I am back in the gym training my body, but I'm not training my chest yet. I do stretch and do planks but no chest presses. They are even and look awesome. I have had regular check ups with the PS and they have given great after care support!