Not a All What They Say - Detroit, MI

The "procedure taking only about an...

The "procedure taking only about an hour" took 4-hour ! My husband was in the waiting room, after 3-hour no news, he was very anxious and nobody seems to care keeping him informed.

Big discomfort. Still numbness after 4-month.

I did it to look a bit younger, without jowls along jaw and sagging neck. After the LSL surgery I don't look different, except for the large and ugly scar I have now under the chin.

I did not get the support everybody would expect before and after such a surgery.

Very risky. Expensive. I don't recommend it.

Doctor and staff are busy. Time is money. It's a business. I had to wait often, without explanation. When I called (because they don't) I had to wait forever on the phone. The surgery took 4-hour instead of 1 like it was said.

That scar in the photo looks about two weeks old. In fact, I think there is still a dressing hanging off your right ear, and a bruise on your neck. Bruises are usually gone after about 3 weeks. No photos after 6 months? I'll bet my bottom dollar that it looks a lot better now.
It is not as advertised, Mr. Himmelheber.
Don't believe one word in their ads !
Has anyone had any experience with the Burlington, MA offices of LSL? I'm 75 days post-op and very disappointed with my $10k surgery. Had it in mid-June 2011. Hope to hear from U..
Mistake-in-MA....did you ever hear from anyone to help you????
I am so glad I found this site! I have seen the ads on TV and they make it sound so attractive. I have no incentive to have a facelift. I am 68 years old and expected to have some wrinkles; I've earned them and I'm wearing them! But some of my friends have expressed interest in this Lifestyle Lift. I will definitely send them to this site before they sign up for anything like this! It sickens me to hear what these so-called doctors have gotten away with in some of these cases.
Yes Margi, the ads on TV seems so attractive. Unfortunately it is not at all like that !!! Tell your friends and be happy at 68 just like you are !
Sorry you feel that way. My experience was textbook perfect. It's over 2 months and I love it! So natural looking. I think it is all in the doctor performing the procedures. Mine was in Melville, Long Island, NY. Just check out the doctor and ask for references!
well, there's doctors and then there ARE DOCTORS. Mine must've trained under the "maquis de sade". Nothing, and I mean nothing was improved upon, not the wrinkled eyelids, $2200. not the jawline, "howdy-doody" lines, neckline, etc. Even the operating dr. says I need a redo. But the top doc who owns the business keeps putting me off, way off. He's probably waiting for me to die or give up. Anyways, I'm happy for your very great outcome & experience. We should all be so lucky when we put our faces, finances & faith, on the line. mistake-in-MA
Dear Mistake-in-MA, I'm sorry for your bad experience with LSL but I'm not surprized. We should be much more careful and never trust this type of business. A surgery is a very serious procedure. It can be dangerous. As you say... there are doctors and there are DOCTORS !

I'm glad I read all the reviews.
I know that facial surgery does not
take one hour, unless you're having a
tooth extracted. As for the scaring I
saw, no thanks...plan to appreciate
how I look with no problems
One 60-year-old, dancing up a storm
and loving it!

Very smart, truethat !
Enjoy the dance without the scaring and the pain. All the best !

Thanks for posting your story, anso91. I've never seen a LSL scar under the chin before; did they do something else too (like lipo)?

Thank you for your message, Sharon.
Yes, they did a lipo. Result OK but very large scar, very visible.
Before a facelift (or any kind of plastic surgery), we should :
- talk to our family doctor for advice
- if OK, see a private plastic surgeon (or 2) for consultation, instead of LSL
Dear Anso91,

I was also butchered in Troy, MI. I have an ABC investigative reporter coming to my home on 5-1-2012. Would you be interested in meeting with the reporter?
Dear 5710anon, I am not in the Detroit area for the moment so I missed the date of your meeting with ABC. How was it ? I hope it will help other people to know the truth about the LSL "procedure".