Sticker Shock and Labored with Anxiety How to Pay - Destin, FL

I really was not expecting the quoted fee. I...

I really was not expecting the quoted fee. I waited 1 year to get the nerve to make a consult and wanted most reputable doc in my area for best price. It ended up an additional 3 weeks for a consult. The Dr steamrolled through my consult as fast as possible and sent me to a hardball accountant. No implants. Just lift and tuck and was hoping for lipo but charging almost as much for that as breast lift. 15,300 when I expected package discount or SOMETHING. It's pay cash or finance with a 15%APR. feeling discouraged. Surgery is set for Feb 25. 24 days away.

I met with another doctor and liked him but I decided to give original doctor another shot so I made a 2nd consult with him again to see if we could get on same page together. I felt much more confident and excited after the 2nd consult and decided to proceed with him and I'm glad I did. I like the results and his treatment so far. I am 2 days post op.
Oh congrats!!!!! Hope you heal quickly!! :)
Agree!!! At least go to more consults!! I even lost a $500 scheduling fee with a surgeon because I cancelled and went elsewhere. It was worth losing $500 to be more comfortable and trust my dr.
It sounds like you are not sold on your doctor. I would get a few more consultations. You want to leave your consultation excited, not feeling regret or anxiety over price. My MM was approx the same amount as yours was quoted and he was neither the most expensive nor cheapest of my consultations but the one I felt like really understood my vision and desired outcome. Give yourself enough time to save and prepare and you will feel even better goin into your MM. Good luck, and like the previous poster said, it's your BODY!
I'm with Angiemcc...PLEASE cont LOOKN! a lot of surgeons on "here" offer free consultations when you mention RealSelf...and, its BEST to get as many consultations as possible! this is your BODY and this a major SURGERY! GOOD LUCK!

It doesn't sound like you had a very good consultation. I'd keep looking until you find one you're comfortable with, even if you have to travel further. Just my two cents.

Thank you for starting your story on RealSelf. I hope you'll keep us updated throughout your journey.