not sure what to think - Destin, FL

I decided to try the Obagi Blue Peel to get rid of...

I decided to try the Obagi Blue Peel to get rid of or at least lighten the areas of hyperpigmentation on my face and neck. The application of the blue peel was PAINFUL! It burned really bad! But, I toughed it out hoping for a great outcome. It felt like my face and neck was on FIRE forever, but I guess in reality maybe 15 to 20 minutes. I was given a mini fan to hold to help with the burning feeling. It still stung and burned. My whole face and neck felt tight and I looked like "Mama Smurf". I was homebound for the next 7 days. The peeling started on about day 3. It started with my neck first. There was itching along with the peeling. The left side of my face looked somewhat better and the hyperpigmentation seemed a little lighter than before. The right side of my face didn't lighten as much as I had hoped. My neck and upper chest areas have gotten darker. I'm just praying it's still in the healing stages and the areas will lighten. Has anybody else had a similar experience? If so, did the darkened area eventually get lighter?
Hi! I actually have been to Melissa for a consultation for the Obagi Blue Peel, and had a date scheduled to get it but got sick & had to cancel. Now I'm wondering if it's even worth to reschedule there! How did it all turn out for you? What would you advise now that all is said and done? Thank you :)

It sounds like envy had a similar experience. Here is their review if you would like to check it out and follow up on how things went for them.

Obagi Blue Peel for Acne Scars Gave Me Hypopigmentation

Please keep us posted on how things are going for you.

Melissa

My aesthetician, Melissa, was wonderful. Very friendly and professional. I have nothing bad to say about Melissa. I truly feel she was doing her best to help me with the hyperpigmentation. I guess I expected better results from the Medical Blue Peel. This was my first peel and I probably need additional peels, but seeing increased darkness on my neck and upper chest makes me hesitant to do this again.