Big Mistake - Des Plaines, IL

I had liposuction on my stomach, sides, arms,...

I had liposuction on my stomach, sides, arms, inner thighs and back of the thigh on one leg. It is an extremely painful recovery and wearing the Spanx drove me crazy but I wore them for 8 weeks after the surgery. This surgery was also a huge waste of money.

I am 5'4" and was 125 pounds before surgery. After surgery I dropped five pounds because I was in so much pain, I didn't want to eat. However, a year after my surgery, my weight is 132 and I have scars on the back of my arms. The only nice result I have is my upper waist is a little smaller, other than that everything looks the same.

I even went back to the doctor because I had lumps on my stomach. He had to go back in to "spot" remove the lumps. This also was painful because I was only given a local and had to go back to wearing the Spanx again.

thanks for sharing---im 5'2 125 lbs and considering this for my 'saddle bags, and back of upper thighs' the more i read, the scarier this is getting- not the pain but im hearing more negative then positive about the resuts. at this point im thinking i need to just resolve to better eating habits and keep my workouts 5x a week. i would have to do that anyway not to regain weight 'somewhere else' please keep posting----thx for sharing i hope it all works out for you
Hi Kirsty - I haven't yet spoken to my doctor but I will after I give the procedure a month or two more to see whether I see any improvements. However, I already know from past procedures that I'll be told that it doesn't work for everyone. I just need to find my motivation to exercise and eat healthier, and stop relying on methods that are questionable. Thanks for asking.

Hi there,

Thanks for your review. I'm sorry your surgery didn't work out the way you had hoped. Have you spoken to your doctor about your dissapointment in the results?

Kirsty

Chicago Plastic Surgeon

The extremely small results are not worth the pain, money and time.