Your Smile Will Endure - Des Moines, IA

Just got home from my Zoom appointment. I did a...

Just got home from my Zoom appointment. I did a load of online research and read many reports of "zinger" pain being too intense. I didn't have to mention this to my dentist during the consultation - they told me all about it. The key was that it is different for everyone. All their staff were required to have the procedure done - so they can share in the experience. So you might want to ask that of your dentist to get an educated feeling on their experience.

I went through all four 15 minute sessions. I had mild pain during the second and third session. The fourth was fine until about 3 minutes to go and I suddenly felt like I had been hit in the mouth. The intense pain of a "zinger" lasted five or six seconds. The lingering pain lasted about 20 seconds - long enough for another one to hit and start the process all over. The specialist stayed in the room with me during the last 15 minute session - which is helpful.

I've been home for about 3 hours and the pain has lessened to an occasional mild hurt. Something that I had read in another review, has helped TREMENDOUSLY. Keep your mouth closed and do not let air run past your teeth. The moment I do, I get pain. Also keep your teeth from hitting each other if at all possible.

I bought this as a Groupon, fyi.

I've done a great job staining my teeth over the past 20 years. The change in my color is truly amazing. I highly recommend this to anyone - as long as you understand, its going to hurt for a day or two, but your new smile will endure that.

So its the next morning - teeth are still white...

So its the next morning - teeth are still white and the pain is virtually gone. My gums are a bit sore in some areas and didn't take to well to brushing.

I know that everyone is different, but if you are interested in this procedure - the only way your are going to find out how well you respond is to try it. Best of luck!

Jordan Creek Famliy Dentistry

As mentioned in my review - all their staff were required to go through the Zoom process, so that they can truly relate to your experience. They also have a great television system with movies that you can watch while any procedure is happening. Great group of professionals!

Hi Beldave,

That is great advice you gave at the end about you will only know how it feels if you do it. That's kind of awesome that your dentist made the whole staff have this done so they would know how it feels, sounds like a great dentist. Did you have to go home with any other products to enhance the bleaching? Is this something you will do again in the future? Please keep us updated and we would love to see pictures if you are comfortable sharing.

Thanks so much for the review,

-Britt