30% Peel at a Doctor's Office Okay for Sensitive Types

I really started to freak out before my...

I really started to freak out before my appointment after seeing some results but as long as you follow the guidelines and seek a pro you should be fine. I decided that for me I would only move forward in a doctor's office. What I found out while I was there is that in the office they use medical grade peels at a minimum of 30% strength for up to 4 minutes depending upon how the skin reacts.

She told me 3 days before to stop using pretty much everything on my face so for 3 days I used a gentle cleaners without other acids or crazy ingredients and I moisturized with rosehip oil. I also stayed out of the sun and didn't use any self tanners per her advise before the treatment. When I arrived she once again washed my face then rubbed it with alcohol wipes and lines my eyes, nose, and lips with a protector. (She said she would never recommend alcohol wipes but that they prep the skin for the treatment.) She put the treatment on my forehead first then moved to more sensitive areas around the eyes and down to the lip area. It did burn a little like a 2/10. She kept checking on me to make sure I felt okay and she watched my skin closely to see how it would react. She then said she was going to apply a neutralizer to bring the treatment to a close but warned that it would intensify burning. It did. I would say a 3? She then removed the treatment with some water and finished with thermal water spray.

I look a little sunburned around my note and a little bit around my mouth. The area outside of my nose crease burned for awhile post treatment and still feels pretty tight but overalI feel good. I didn't wear any makeup today and I stayed out of the sun. She said for the next few days to avoid the sun, hot showers, harsh facial cleaners, facial treatments, and moisturizers. I plan to use the same gentle cleanser for the next few days before resuming my regular skincare routine and I have a second peel scheduled in 3 weeks. The picture below is of my in the garage as soon as I got back from my treatment - just 20 minutes later. As you can see I am just a little red, not bad at all and I do have rather sensitive skin. I do recommend doing this at a drs office and I do recommend going mild your first treatment. I know it is more expensive that way but so worth it and so much better than suffering a reaction or burns. If you tolerate well you can always go harder next time :) PS God made me without one eyebrow so don't worry. This is not a side effect of the treatment.
Kimberly