No Result, Painful, Waste of Time & Money - Denville, NJ

I suffer from cellulite and read that VelaShape...

I suffer from cellulite and read that VelaShape was the first and only FDA-cleared medical device for body re-shaping. Since it's non-invasive, I thought I'd try it. It sounded too good to be true and it was.

The idea that VelaShape feels like a hot stone massage is ridiculous. It was extremely painful, and I have a very high pain threshold. I was left with multiple and deep bruises after each session. Often, bruises remained until my next session. Imagine going in to get bruises on top of bruises. The worst part is that the results were virtually non-existent. There was a little improvement in the appearance of cellulite on my thighs, but you had to look very closely at the before pics to determine this. They warned me that the results would be subtle, but nearly non-existent is something I didn't expect. They also told me that I would have to come in for touch-ups every 6-8 weeks. For what? More money and time down the drain, I think not.

I should add that my VelaShape sessions were at...

I should add that my VelaShape sessions were at the maximum or close to max setting on the machine. I told the clinician I could handle the discomfort and was going for results. The "discomfort" would have been bearable if I would have seen results. VelaShape must work for some people, but it didn't for me. It was such a waste of time and money. The people at Vibrance were honest...they said the results would be subtle and that the procedure could be uncomfortable, but I was hopeful. The whole experience proved to be a bad one, although the people at Vibrance were pleasant.

Vibrance Med Spa

I think the staff is decent. The VelaShape procedure is a different story. Why they offer this service is beyond me, but it must work for some people. I'm not giving this place a poor recommendation based on my one experience with them and based on VelaShape.

My Velashape sessions were at a high intensity setting on the machine. I told the aesthetician that I wanted the best results and was willing to endure more discomfort to get them. She was great and she tried, but the procedures were literally a waste of money. Again, they were honest during the consult...told me it could be uncomfortable and the results could be subtle. Subtle is not the word I'd use to describe my results. Non-existent would be more like it. They said they saw a good deal of clients who had undergone liposuction then got Velashape afterward to smooth things out. That makes some sense. I didn't have liposuction before Velashape. I know everyone responds differently to procedures, but to have zero results was both surprising and disappointing.

Hi Loanstar,

Thanks for the review. You might want to check out the answers to two of the questions in our doctor Q&A Velashape Results, and Does more pain me more cellulite reduction, the answers might help. Please keep us updated and welcome to the community.

Thanks,