Plastic Surgery Teaching Hospital Question - Denver, CO

I am entertaining getting a tummy tuck at a...

I am entertaining getting a tummy tuck at a Teaching Hospital because I can't afford to have it done with a Private Plastic Surgeon. I looked at the Lenox Hill Teaching Hospital, but I imagine it would be difficult to do a major surgery like that so far from my home in Colorado. If I have to fly there for my initial consultation, then again for the surgery, again to have drains pulled out, etc-- well, it just defeats the purpose of trying to keep things affordable. So, I guess I have a couple of questions... 1. Has anyone from out of state gone to Lennox Hill and how did that end up working out with follow-up appointments? 2. Do you know of a Teaching Hospital nearer to CO, one that I could even drive to-- Albuquerque? Denver? Thanks in advance!

Welcome to the community.  The best advice I can give you is to make sure yo have 2-3 consults before making any decisions.  Also, you need to make sure you are having this done by a board certified plastic surgeon.

I do understand needing to stay on a budget but safety first.  Even if you need to save up money for a few more months it will be worth it.  Selecting the perfect surgeon is so very important.  Do your research and take your time.