Dr. Nicolette Picerno in Denver is Not Only a Fantastic ENT and Plastic Surgeon, but a Wonderful Person! - Denver, CO

Injury: Fractured nose and deviated septum. ...

Injury: Fractured nose and deviated septum. Cons- few days down, exhaustion, some numb upper teeth for a few days, stuffy nose (felt like bad head cold) and just general discomfort for a few days. Benefits of the surgery - awesome breathing and straight nose. Open reduction nasal septal repair (septoplasty).

I'm glad you're happy with your results. Thank you for sharing your experience on RealSelf!

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

After I learned my nose was indeed fractured with deviated septum and my appearance and breathing ability compromised, I was beyond frightened. I was told I needed to undergo and open reduction nasal septal repair fracture (basically a septoplasty). Anyhow, I did some research and read countless horror stories. Already fearful of any type of medical procedure, I considered cancelling multiple times before the surgery. Briefly, by three days post-op I had returned to work, and except for some mild stuffiness and a cast, I didn't feel all that bad. 9 days post-opp I feel fantastic. I attribute my speedy recovery to Dr. Picerno. Not only can I breathe better than ever, but she was able to get my nose straight and return it to pre-injury (even looks better). Also, when I had massive swelling after cast removal I was concerned that it wasn't swelling, but a new deformity. I returned to her and she listened. Really listened and understood. She alleviated my fears and won my trust (not an easy thing to do). Today I woke up with my good looking nose. If you need any type of work done, see Dr. Picerno. You will be grateful.