Surgery July 29!!!- Denver, CO

Surgery scheduled for July 29!!! My surgery is...

Surgery scheduled for July 29!!!

My surgery is scheduled for Monday July 29!!!
I am scheduled to have revision rhinoplasty with Dr. Mario Imola.
My first rhinoplasty was a year ago with another doctor who left me with dents/uneven nostrils a thin/weak looking bridge and a tip that is to high for my liking/overall nose. I have been crying, very depressed and self conscious for the past year:( I really want to have this done and move forward with my life. I hope with my revision to smooth out the irregularities, achieve a straight profile (NOT scooped/sloped or upturned), bring my tip down and more symmetry on my frontal view. The doctor said I am not a difficult case he suggested a minor closed rhinoplasty however, I'm not sure the outcome I want could be achieved with a minor rhinoplasty I also don't feel comfortable reducing the size of my bridge any further:( I want to add cartilage to make it stronger. It really doesn't matter to me if its closed/open or if both my ears have to be harvested for cartilage more importantly, I want this to be my last surgery. I pray that everything goes perfect so I can finally put this to rest.
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Imola is very professional, intelligent and has extensive experience in rhinoplasty. His revision work in his photo gallery looks very natural.

Hi, hope everything went well with your surgery. Looking forward to hearing about your outcome
Best of luck Monday ! I hope you have an easy surgery and recovery
Thank you!:)
I am sorry that you have been unhappy about you first rhinoplasty. I hope everything goes well for you.
Is he the only one you have consulted? I would see at least two others and ask them what they would do. I would also ask how he thinks he will achieve all these things through a closed procedure. The doctors I went to all used open. As a side note, I have had two revision rhinoplasty procedures now all by "experts" (they had the awards, the recommendations, the successful photographs and reviews). I am not real happy with either so be careful as to not set your expectations too high. Some other thoughts, if you go in and they tell you have too many questions, are too detailed oriented, or obsessed, find another doctor. You should be able to ask as many questions and have has many visits as it takes to make you feel comfortable. You will have to live with this for the rest of your life. Another thing is that I always felt somewhat rushed and that they paid lip service to me. If you feel that way, find someone else. Unfortunately, I learned the hard way and still went with them because they had the credentials and the supposed experience and expertise. (My stupid mistake) Don't rush into anything, ask all of your questions and get the answers, and if the doctor doesn't have time for that, find another one. I know I was rambling, but it just goes to show my frustration with my rhinoplasty exp. and I would tell everyone to avoid doing it initially at all cost. A bad outcome is not worth a lifetime of psychological torture.

Thanks for starting your story on RealSelf! Make sure you're very communicative with your surgeon about what you do and don't want from this procedure.

Good luck and keep us posted!

All the best. Please keep us posted
Thank you, I appreciate it.
Good luck, I hope you get exactly what you want. Do you know how he is going to bring the tip down?
Thank you! I don't know, but I will definitely ask on my pre-op appointment.