LOVE Results, Doing It Again This Year! - Denver, CO

I chose to have profractional laser on my face...

I chose to have profractional laser on my face 6/2012 at Happy Clinic in Denver, CO. It was about $500, using a monthly discount special. The clinic has a dedicated laser tech who is wonderful. She has these treatments done to herself too!

I'm a 48 yr old caucasian woman with mild acne scarring and melasma. My goal was to achieve a smoother skin texture and possibly lighten the melasma. I researched this procedure to be SURE I knew what I was getting into, I needed to be confident in the recovery time of 4 days. My recovery WAS four days, which is hard to believe when you think of what a bloody mess your skin looks like the first day. My results really came through 3 to 4 months later, as I was so informed at Happy Clinic. My skin has never looked so good. It has a radiance to it. I'm thrilled! Still have melasma, tiny ice pick scars still there, I'm ok with that. The collagen growth and resurfacing from that are astounding. I get compliments from my sweetheart, friends who haven't seen me in a while take note. I love my result. I'm doing this again at the end of 5/2013. Will include my neck to get a leg up on potential crepiness. I have prepaid: $520, this price was a bargain from Happy Clinic's 20% off laser sale in March. If you are considering this: know your results will come to full bloom 3 to 4 months out!!! Do it!!!!

Treatment 2, pictures days 1-8

Hi all,
Thank you for your interest in my post. Hope thesempix give you an idea of how quickly one heals from this procedure. 2 KEY points: 1. eat "clean" for at least a month prior to treatment. (google Tosac Reno for a comprehensive overview of that concept). 2 Get plenty of sleep night before treatment.
Why mention these points? 1. During my procedure, my laser tech, at HappyClinic.com in Denver, told me I was bleeding ALOT which meant my skin was really healthy. I'd completed a 6 day juice cleanse a week prior to the event, which may have been a contributing factor to the bleeding. However, I do "eat clean" about 75% if the time. So it's worth the discipline. (My tech shared with me a sad tale: while doing deep laser on heavy acne scars on a young male, she related that he was not bleeding AT ALL. Highly unusual, very odd. She counseled with him later to relay this concern, he revealed his difficult battle with bulimia. His skin was not getting any nutrients. If you are victim to eating disorders, pleas reconsider laser procedures, as your healing may be affected. 2) I flew to Denver from the U.K.and had managed 2 hours sleep the night before my procedure. This lack of rest made the zapping extremely painful. Last year I barely recall any pain, just that uring skin scent. So please get your rest. Also, this year, my tech followed my lead and used deeper lasers on my acne scars. Which makes for slower healing, I was a bit depressed in Day 4 when I flew home, looking like a burn victim. Today is day 8, I see marks where the laser zapped my deep acne scars, I have faith the darkness will heal. Also: NECK: this will take probably a good 3 weeks to heal, as neck skin is completely different from facial skin. I'm happy I did this, I believe in the procedure.

Day 2 treatment 2, Profractional laser

Day 3 treatment 2, Profractional laser

Day 4 treatment 2, Profractional treatment

Flew home to CA on this day, was expecting more advanced healing, as last year's day 4 was "socially acceptable". Wearing makeup and feeling like a freak. Less healing because lasers went deeper this year. Had I factored that in, I would have stayed one more day before going home.

Day 4 treatment

Day 5 treatment 2, Profractional laser

Day 6, treatment 2, Profractional laser

Day 8 Treatment 2, Profractional laser

Sorry no day 7. I'm exhausted from traveling. I see lighter marks on nose and left jaw from deep targeted laser zaps. Neck is coming along.

Three weeks after 2nd Profractional treatment

My concern areas are my nose and upper cheeks, where I had a deeper laser setting to stimulate acne scars. The areas are dark, but definitely fading. I'm expecting these to fade fully a few months, with my collagen remodeling showing up in 4 months or so.

2 1/2 months out

Loving how this has turned out. Face looks great, the dark spots have faded, skin texture is into it's collagen production, giving it that smooth radiance I hoped for. Acne scars are still present, but smoother. Neck is healed, am hoping for a delay in crepiness, in the long run. I do not notice any difference in neck texture, but I was told neck skin is different than face skin and results could take much much longer. I'm pleased as punch. My beau said my skin "looks killer". Please ignore that spot on my chin, I'm a recovering pick-a-holic. Those of you considering: do it!

9 months after. Will be 49 in 11 days

I think the combo of Profractional, years of retin A, years of wearing sunscreen and hat, botox and Juvederm have helped. Don't you? Not that this my skin is OMG and WOW, but I don't have crows feet and sagging. Take need, women in your 30s! Retin A and sun protection!!!

11 months after 2nd procedure

Hi all,
I turned 49 in March. I use th Obagi Nu Derm system, had botox in March and Juvederm last summer in naso labial folds and around jowls.
Happy Clinic

Entire staff is excellent. From front desk on back. I fly in from out of state for Botox, Juvederm and Profractional laser treatments. Just love everyone ere.

Hi, sorry this answer took so long, don't know settings. Your tech will base your settings on your needs....
Hi. You have wonderful results! May I know what settings were used on your acne scars? Thanks!!

Sounds like you had wonderful results!  Keep us posted with your ongoing results, and with the upcoming treatment of your neck area :)

H Jill81, Thanks for your comment. I most certainly will keep this site posted with me results. This site was very helpful to me in deciding to have the procedure last year, I'd like to give back. Having it done next week! Cheers!

Good luck!