Blurred vision for Lasik Enhancement. Doctor was a "No-Show" for 1 week Post-surgical Follow-up. - Littleton, CO

This enhancement ruined my vision in my dominant...

this enhancement ruined my vision in my dominant left eye. Dr. Rimer was supposed to see me for my 1 week follow-up and she failed to show. Instead, I was seen by a tech who told me I could discontinue my post-surgery eye medications and did not stress any follow-up appointments. Also, Dr. Rimer did not reschedule her missed one week post-surgery appointment with me. By the time I saw her a year later, the damage was done. I have corneal scarring and epithelial cells under the corneal flap. I now have reduced sensitivity in that eye due to the scarring and destruction of corneal nerves, which results in reduced tear production. This results in blurred vision. I have been trying restasis and other dry eye medications for 2 years now, but the haze and blurred vision still continues. I was never allowed to meet with Dr. Spivack to discuss everything, even though I requested it. I have only been allowed to meet with their optometrists.

Spivack

Possibly permanently blurred vision in the enhanced eye. No 1 week follow-up appointment with a doctor, even though I was there for my appointment. Further follow-up was not stressed by tech and was advised to discontinue post-surgery medications without a doctor's recommendation. The optometrist, Dr. Rimer, did not show up for my one week post-surgical appointment and she did not reschedule for another 1 week post-surgical appointment.