Hurt Like Hell! - Denver, CO

I can't remember the exact name of the laser...

I can't remember the exact name of the laser treatment I had, but it's somewhere between the "light" laser (which doesn't penetrate the skin) and the CO2, which is basically a 3rd degree burn.

I'm glad I did it, but I have two complaints. No. 1, I went to Dr. H, who is a well-known cosmetic surgeon in Denver, CO. I've had procedures with her previously, which I am happy with.

Unfortunately, and I find this true in most cases, the "doctors" don't actually do the work. In this case, Linda's physician's assistant, who -- and I learned this while she was "burning" me -- had only been doing this procedure for about six months. Previously, she was an orthopedic surgeon's assistant ... huh?

When I asked if this procedure required special training she replied, "yes, I went to a seminar." What?????????????????????

I think her inexperience was in large part why the procedure didn't go well, though in the end, I'm happy I tried it.

First, she told me prior to my visit, "it's just like a sunburn." No, it is not. The burns are very uneven (they DO burn you afterall) and your face will swell like crazy for the first few days. It also hurts like hell!! Again, her inexperience? I don't know?

I can say I looked 100% better after 7 days, but I wished I would've known that upfront.

Denver Plastic Surgeon

I would recommend Dr. H for cosmetic procedures. I just would not recommend seeing her for skin treatments. As stated above, her "assistant" does the actual work.

I'm glad you added that you "looked 100% better after 7 days." You had fantastic results because Dr. Huang's Physician Assistants do impeccable work. I see Emily once a year, now that I'm in my 40s, and am consistently and overwhelmingly amazed with the majic she's worked with injectables and laser procedures on me. I go in to my appointment not really knowing what I need, if anything at all. Emily has never tried to upsell me on something I don't need and is always mindful that cost is a big factor for me. The bottom line is that she keeps me looking and feeling gorgeous, and I'm grateful for the solid trust level I have with her. She is truly an artist. Dr. Huang chooses her staff with great care and that's evident with every visit and every encounter I've had with her team over the years. Can't imagine seeing anyone else for my skin care:)
Something definitely was not right. The CO2 is not extremely painful. It feels like a sunburn. Dr. Jerry Popham is excellent and highly-skilled with the CO2. I wouldn't go to anyone else. He is just up the street from Dr. Huang. Thank you.

HI Denver,

Well, I'm glad you are happy with the end procedure, do you think your rating is more worth it? Her not being experienced would have made me nervous too, I'm glad everything turned out well though. What made you decide to have the procedure done? Please keep us updated and if you have pictures we would love to see them. T

-Britt