Hurt Like Hell! - Denver, CO

I can't remember the exact name of the laser...

I can't remember the exact name of the laser treatment I had, but it's somewhere between the "light" laser (which doesn't penetrate the skin) and the CO2, which is basically a 3rd degree burn.

I'm glad I did it, but I have two complaints. No. 1, I went to Dr. H, who is a well-known cosmetic surgeon in Denver, CO. I've had procedures with her previously, which I am happy with.

Unfortunately, and I find this true in most cases, the "doctors" don't actually do the work. In this case, Linda's physician's assistant, who -- and I learned this while she was "burning" me -- had only been doing this procedure for about six months. Previously, she was an orthopedic surgeon's assistant ... huh?

When I asked if this procedure required special training she replied, "yes, I went to a seminar." What?????????????????????

I think her inexperience was in large part why the procedure didn't go well, though in the end, I'm happy I tried it.

First, she told me prior to my visit, "it's just like a sunburn." No, it is not. The burns are very uneven (they DO burn you afterall) and your face will swell like crazy for the first few days. It also hurts like hell!! Again, her inexperience? I don't know?

I can say I looked 100% better after 7 days, but I wished I would've known that upfront.

Denver Plastic Surgeon

I would recommend Dr. H for cosmetic procedures. I just would not recommend seeing her for skin treatments. As stated above, her "assistant" does the actual work.