Active - 43 - Things a Changin...... - Denver, CO

I still find myself surprised that I decided to do...

I still find myself surprised that I decided to do laser liposuction. I'm regularly active and if I apply myself can drop weight and can usually be happy in my clothes. I have been unhappy with my thighs for most of my life but as I hit my 40's other things started shifting and became more difficult to rid myself of or allow my clothes to fit comfortable. This lead me a mere month ago to Sono Bello where I decided to go for it - lower abs, love handles, outer thigh and inner thigh!
This site helped me greatly in making the decision so I decided to tell my story here as well. It's important for me to mention that this procedure is not a "quick fix" and even though you do go home the same day and can be back at work within days it's not without discomfort or some pain for sure.
I am doing mine in two stages - Lower abs & Love Handles done. June 6th - Inner & Outer Thighs.
I am returning on June 6th to do my outer thigh & inner thigh.

looking good...i'm having mine done next wednesday! best wishes for your thighs. can't wait to see ( :

Day 7

I pasted my day 7 picture to my previous picture just to see a bit more clearly what is happening. Camera angle and distance certainly play a role BUT.....overall still swollen. Find myself a little bummed about that left "love handle" but given that I have heard alot about the Day 4 swell up given that in day 2 the love handles were more evenly proportioned I'm optimistic that side is more swollen than the other side and can be playing a factor in that image. Stay positive through the swelling everyone says so I'm doing just that! My bruising goes around to my back so that definitely creates some discomfort riding in the car.
Post Op visit tomorrow - Inner and Outer Thighs on Friday - Eeeeekkkkk!

Thank you so much for posting and sharing. At 40's, I experienced the same as you. I'm really wanting to go and have the same areas worked on. I've researched Sono Bella and Athenix as well. If it works, then it's more than worth it! Your results are amazing and inspiring! Thank you.
Thank You Tish - so far so good! Keep me posted on if you decide to do it & I will continue to update my thoughts.
Wishing you the best of luck! Would love to hear your thoughts!

Day 30

I'm wearing shirts I have not worn in months and maybe even years! While old habits are hard to break my love handles are no longer such a large part of my daily "getting dressed to hide my love handles" routine.
I have not been back to running like I would have hoped due to the bruising and pain in my inner thighs lasting a bit longer than anticipated. Going to shake things up today and attempt to get these legs moving.
Body feels very different and the post op update emails I get from Sono Bello have been spot on as they inform you how the lumps move around and you might feel sensations in different treated areas at different times during the healing process.
I've not been wearing my undergarment as religiously as I should because I have been traveling to Texas for work and heat, humidity and undergarments are not a good match. **Note to self.... should have done this procedure during the winter**
Excited to start doing more rigorous activity now.... keep you posted!

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Dr. Jeffrey Jones

Dr. Jones & the staff were super. They talk you through the process, shoot straight with you on the process and make you feel very comfortable.