52yo Male - Denver, CO

I'm going to have my moderate laugh lines filled. ...

I'm going to have my moderate laugh lines filled. Any suggestions on which filler might be suggested. I'm 52yo male who just had upper and lower eyelid surgery which is going rather well. I'm healing quite nicely except for little irritations like eye twitching and rubbery feeling to my upper lids.

jfb1962

I'll be seeing my PS on Wednesday to discuss what options I have regarding fillers for my laugh lines. But as the appt. nears I'm beginning to have reservations. Of coarse I felt this way before my lower bleph surgery. Maybe it's just nerves. I don't to report any bad outcome, if I have the procedure. :0

jfb 1962

Well I'm going in for a consultation this Thursday for a mini lift. I asked my PS about fillers and he said the fillers would not work for my parentheses lines and that I had jowling which would only be corrected by a mini lift. The lift would also correct my parentheses and mild marionette lines. I'll let all know how the consult turns out.

Very friendly and courteous.

I went to see my PS on Wednesday and we discussed fillers, It was recommended that I be filled with Juvederm for my laugh lines I agreed because I had been doing research on that particular filler. The only thing that concerns me is having a reaction, I been told it could activate cold sores or even worse shingles, as I've had shingles and they are very painful blisters. We then discussed getting and "S" shaped lift or mini lift where the surgeon goes around the ear to lift jowls, laugh lines and marionette lines which I'm starting to get. I mentioned that I'd think about all that was mentioned. Anyone out there had bad reactions to Juvederm or this so called mini lift? Any suggestions is appreciated. Thanks.
Thanks for sharing- I would assume your doctor will suggest the appropriate filler to use.  Are you going to the same doctor that did your eyelid surgery?
I'm going to see what my same doctor has to say about fillers. Hopefully the outcome (if I choose) won't be as painful. ;o
Ha ha ha I would hope it is way less painful- let us know what you decide to do and what your doctor says!
I will let you know what I decide regarding fillers. As for my lower transcutaneous bleph surgery, things are finally settling down. My eyes are easily tired from computer work, but no bags. I know there isn't perfection but there is definitely improvement. This surgery was a one month decision but glad I did it. Now the uppers are a little bit different. While washing my face the scars hurt, so I'm careful in that area. I'm 4 months out now and the scars ARE disappearing.
I'm glad the scars are starting to fade- I think the upper bleph is a harder surgery to recover from than the lower blehp.  At least that is the way it seems from reading all the reviews.
I had no problems with my upper bleph surgery, no bruising just swelling around the edges of my lids. Well, Wednesday is my 90 day follow up with my PS regarding my lower bleph surgery. That is also when I will address the issue with fillers. I will ask for my before and after pictures so that I hopefully can post them online.
Let us know how it goes on Wednesday- I hope everything goes well!