Fabulous and Dramatic Change - Denver, CO

It had become too difficult to look in the mirror...

It had become too difficult to look in the mirror so at 54, began search for best surgeon and decided on surgery. It has changed my life. With little pain and 3 weeks recovery, sun damaged, droopey wrinkled face and neck is gone. A new youthful look and attitude. Unbelievable change, so very happy!

I lived under the belief that "Pale is not my...

I lived under the belief that "Pale is not my color!" and worshipped the sun for many years. At about 40, wrinkles and loose skin of lower face and neck was becoming obvious and accelerated quickly. Botox dramatically helped my forehead and upper face became baby soft and smooth; but lower face was melting and deeply lined. Researched for a year to find best surgeon and decided on Dr. Imola who was recommended by Carrie Ireland-Miller, my Botox aesthetician who I trusted whole heartedly. My surgery; lower facelift, necklift, lower eyelids and Submentoplasy (fat transfer to my face) took place on 2/6/2013. It was the best decision I have ever made....besides having my one child. Recovery was quick; no pain, but neck lift and tightness on throat was uncomfortable and worst part. Now I can't stop looking in the mirror and people barely recognize me. After several years of hating to go out of the house due to my aging face, I now look forward to each day and getting out to show off the new me. I absolutely love the change and would recommend Dr. Imola to anyone who is feeling the way I used to. It was so worth it!!! Age is truly just a number now!

Surgery day

BeforeSurg1

BeforeSurg1

After Surgery #1

After Surgery #1

I hav a question for my "RealSelf" friends who...

I hav a question for my "RealSelf" friends who have had necklift and lower facelift....what can you tell me about the scar under your chins? Mine has been changing as the swelling has gone away and now I notice that I have an area right where the scar begins, that is sunken in somewhat and when looking at my profile, there is a "hole" at that spot. My surgeon says that if it is still there at "6 months out", we can do a filler of some kind. Do you guys have any advice on the scar under chin? Thanks.

Scar under chin taken at 90 days post surgery

Scar under chin taken at 90 days post surgery

Scar at ear 90 days after surgery

Scar at ear 90 days after surgery

It's been 100 days since my surgery and I am...

It's been 100 days since my surgery and I am getting used to the new feelings and sensations. I am very happy in most everything except for the scar under my chin. There is an indentation right on my jaw line where the scar ends and it is very obvious to me when I look at profile. Now, I know that those of us who have undergone these transformations see things a lot more than others looking at us and I have been trying to ignore it and hope it gets better. But if it's still there at my 6 month visit to my surgeon, he will be doing something to correct it. Not sure what that is; a filler or an implant, etc. If anyone has had this problem, please let me know what happened for you. Otherwise, I'm pretty damn pleased, I must say!!!
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Carrie Ireland-Miller, RN, who has been doing my Botox injections since moving to Denver, highly recommended Dr. Mario Imola for my surgery.

What a terrific job! You must feel great. The difference is amazing, but also you have a great face to start with. Well done. C.Henry
I am a month out Tuesday. Still have some swelling on one side so hard to tell how that scar under chin is going to settle...I am watching it!
Kanobe, please keep an eye on it. The scar under my chin is the one and only thing that I am not satisfied with. It may be able to be fixed with fillers, but we'll see how it looks at 6 months. Thanks for checking in.
What a great transformation, you look wonderful and so happy with your results. I like the new hair color as well -- you really suit it! Thanks for sharing your story and so many photos of your facelift journey.
Thanks so much HeartsJoy. I really appreciate it. Going to find your profile now. Have a great day.
Amazing, I am 51, going on 5/28 cannot wait, I too dont like going out because I dont like the sun damaged raisen in the mirror :( cannot wait to have a hair color and cut make over when the healing is close to done, My doc is a Facial Plastic surgeon, I will ask him about dent because I too am having same as you did with the addition of dermabrasion! oh I am going to do a gordon baker phenol peel in the fall to further rid my self of sundamage :) research it if you have not already, very cool how it compliments the face and neck lift. best wishes
iluvmyniknik, I am going to research this gordon baker phenol peel you told me about. I've never heard of it. I'm anxious for your pics after your surgery...May 28, right? I think it's good that you are having a "facial" surgeon doing yours because what I've found out is that most surgeons are pretty good, but if you want excellent results and if your having only face stuff done, choose a surgeon who is experienced in face stuff. Good choice.
I went to "google image" put "phenol peel" in search section and went from there, it is a very serious peel not to be taken lightly, general anesth., have to monitored for 1 1/2 hours under b4 they begin, but my god, most of the women that did it look like they have had a face lift when they did NOT. Pics will be up in 23 days woooohoooooooo, cant wait to join the human race again :)
by the way, LOVE your new hair color!!
You look great! What a change! :)
Desi77, thank you so much. I hope you looked at all my pics....the ones at the end are the before and afters. Some of the pics at the beginning are before pics but the ones at the end really show the difference. Thanks again.
Beautiful results.
Wow...looks great! I have to say the new darker hair color is fabulous. I have an appointment with a colorist next week....suffering the same over bleached look. Love your results!
I had been a bleached blonde for 25 years or more and I just needed a change. I think I may put in some more highlights, but I like the darker. Thanks so much for compliment.
Hi Debra, I found his website, I think he did wonderful surgery
Oh, OK. I'm glad you found it.
I looked up your doctor and cannot find a website. I didn't know dentist could do facelifts? Can you give me more information cause you look great, thanks so much, Lil
He is Mario J. Imola, MD, DDS. He used to be a dentist many years ago before he became a doctor and then a plastic surgeon. He is excellent. In fact, when you go to the "RealSelf" home page, his picture is usually right there. Anyway, he is in Denver and very good. I wouldn't just tell you that, Lil Pussycat!! I promise.
You look wonderful and thank you for sharing your photos. What a great look you have now.
Double WOW! You look years younger!
WOW! You look amazing. I have been researching surgeons in the Denver area and Dr. Imola was on the list. How are the scars? Would love to see close ups of the ear area.
Hi Bunnyman, I researched for more than a year and finally went with Imola. Please do not use anyone but him. He truly is very, very talented with face procedures. He has a very "natural" look and even though he has made me look about 18 years younger, you can't tell I had anything done by looking at me. The scars around the ears are almost gone...in the hairline and very faint. The scar under the chin is taking a little longer, but no one notices it, because it's up under my chin. I will try to take a pic ok? If you have any questions, just ask. This was a huge thing for me and I am very happy. Take care.

You look beautiful! Thanks so much for taking the time to share on RealSelf. Do you have a 'before' picture you can put up so we can see your transformation?

Thanks Angiemcc, I am waiting for my surgeon to give me the "before and after" pics that they took which are the best to see the change. Keep on watching as they will be on my profile soon. Are you planning a procedure?