TT/lipo

Hello I am a 33y single mother of two. My son 13y...

Hello I am a 33y single mother of two. My son 13y and daughter 10y. I have been saving up for awhile now (2years) and finally decided to get TT and Lipo. I am 5'1" and weigh about 145lbs. I went for my first consultation yesterday and originally only wanted lipo but the dr recommended a TT because of the extra skin hanging from my belly. I haven't set my appointment yet but will be doing so sometime this week. My boyfriend is against it because he says he loves me the way I am. But I'm not happy with my figure and haven't been for awhile. He has agreed to take care of me after the surgery he's very supportive and know he will do anything to make me happy.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Ok so I spoke to Ann the appointment coordinator....

Ok so I spoke to Ann the appointment coordinator. She makes me feel very comfortable and is extremely understanding. I have scheduled my TT and Lipo for June 11th. I'm so excited and looking forward to the new me. My lipo will include my arms, back, thighs, and flanks. I'm hoping to return to work two weeks after the OP. Crossing my fingers all will go well. I've done some research and know the healing process is different for each individual. I will keep updating my information. Hope this helps someone else who is looking to get the same procedure done. Please likewise I appreciate any advise, questions, and comments you may have for me. Keep in mind I have not rated my DR only because I have not had the procedure yet.

Hello, I just got back from my first consultation in Denver. I braved the snow and rain on I-25 from Fort Collins. We are about the same weight and height, so I'm curious how your TT will change your appearance. My consultation was for lipo but I too had extra loose skin so the dr recommended a TT to get rid of my kangaroo pouch. I was bummed about the news but glad the dr was honest with me and my expectations. I too was quoted about the same price for a TT and lipo for the lower body. Do you plan to do anything different(diet or exercise) between now and your procedure? I look forward to your updates. Thanks.
Awful weather out there. It took me almost an hour to get home from work today. What usually takes me 30 minutes. What doctor are you going to? About the exercise yes I just started insanity yesterday hoping to lose at least 10lbs (keeping my fingers crossed). Also, trying to eat healthier although its hard I'm addicted to sweets mostly chocolate:(
I'm addicted to caffeine (cinnamon powder soy latte from *bucks). I tell myself its low in sugar and dairy-free, and cinnamon is suppose to be good for your health. I saw Dr. Andrew Wolfe at The Center for Cosmetic Surgery. I got a good vibe from him. He answered all my questions and my husband's questions. My husband liked him too, and that never happens. I have a consultation with Dr. Jason Martin next week. We will see what he says about the kangaroo pouch? I've read online that some people experience some Back pain after a TT. I wonder if lifting free weights and strengthening the Back muscles might help with this? Something to consider. I think exercising will help you with your recovery. You can do it...One day at a time.

When in for my CG fitting on Wednesday. Couldn't...

When in for my CG fitting on Wednesday. Couldn't try anything on they didn't have any available. So my measurements were taken and Awaiting a phone call from the place so I can come in and try prior to making the purchase. The CG is not included in the surgery not sure if I should buy one online. I found one for about $100 however the one at the trial place is $240. The surgery cost alone is approx $ 12,500. Not including prescriptions of course. I'm definitely not rich but want to look good.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

I went to try the CG on again. It fit too big. I...

I went to try the CG on again. It fit too big. I don't feel like going back to the same CG place. So I purchased it online 1 x Salome Liposculpture Girdle with Sleeves and Bra (Style# 0524) = $126.00
Size M Color Nude. I hope it fits:) Crossing my fingers. I tried on sz large and xl @ the CG place.

it also seems like a high price not to include the garment.... not sure if you've shopped around?
I thought about a TT also because after having both my kids via c section and gaining a ton of weight i had some excess skin too. However I just did the lipo 2 days ago and i can tell you I already see results and looks like most of the skin is begining to adhere naturally. Let's just hope it continues on this path toward full recovery! Your garment should be tight and almost be too tight. That way it works better on helping your skin shrink back down and adhere to your muscles. I know after my surgery the nurses told me that Target also sells very good compressions garments similary to the one they gave me. In case I wanted another one to swap out due to the bleeding and drainage. I haven't been very mobile these last 2 days so I haven't looked, but it may be worth a trip for you to check it out. keep me posted and good luck on your procedure!
I had lipo after my first born and of course a few months later was prego again. I felt like I had just spent 6k for nothing :( after my 2nd baby I managed to lose the weight I was down to 115lbs and was looking pretty darn good. Now I've just gained so much weight I'm having a hard time losing it. I think the lipo did help though. I still have a larger hour glass figure. My CG should be getting here on Monday I'm looking forward to trying it on. Do you have pics uploaded? Would love to see before and after pics. Thanks for the advise I'll check out the garments at target this weekend. Wishing you a fast recovery:)

30 days and the count down is on. I'm excited and...

30 days and the count down is on. I'm excited and nervous at the same time. The not knowing how I will look and if its worth it. My mother is not aware about the procedure and is completely against anything plastic surgery involved. So I decided not to tell her till after 2 wks post op. I just don't need all the negativity right now. I want to come out w an hour glass figure. Might have too high of expectations but I want a small waist and big hips and booty. My boyfriend is still supportive but keeps telling me I'm beautiful the way I am.

Thanks yeah I will keep you posted. I'm still waiting for CG :(
my review finally posted! it's called "Finally Got my Lipo - Elk Grove, IL"

CG online

Was a disaster I ordered a size Medium Salome faja and a size large not sure what brand of CG and both were extremely small for me. Luckily for me I went to My local ProMed and they helped me out. I ended up paying maybe $250 for a CG but I was desperate with three days left for my surgery.

The day of the surgery

I was in panic mode and I weighed At 158lbs can you believe that I felt like a tub of lard. Everything was explained to me by the nurse the anesthetic dr and my dr. They placed these real cool pumps on my legs that massaged my legs while I waited for surgery and made sure I had enough blankets. My dr came in and marked my spots and before I knew it I was out. The only thing I remember was waking up to a very sweet nurse by the name of Brenda. I loved her she took great after care of me and called my boyfriend to let him know my surgery was complete.

Prescriptions/medication

I was prescribed
Valium
Vicodin
*Note I purchased Tylenol pm to help me sleep after I ran out of my Vicodin
* Swiss Kriss (over the counter laxative tabs) found on sale @ Walgreens
*generic Antibiotic ointment (Walgreens)
* loads of wipes
The hospital gave me ice packs to bring home
My dr gave me Chapstick
*one bag of generic cough drops
My dr gave me band aids and gauze and tape

Well I'm glad to hear everything went well yesterday. I'm praying for a speedy recovery. Keep me posted on how you're doing and make sure to take it easy over the next week as your body heals.

Telling family members

Maybe one of the hardest thing I thought would be their reaction. First I told my sister month pre op. She is very loving and understood the reason I was doing it. I wasn't happy with the way my body looked. Then came the most difficult chat with my mom who is extremely against plastic surgery. Everyday I looked at her and she told me she loved me I felt so guilty inside for hiding it and telling her I was going on vacation. I finally broke down one week pre op and told her. She told me she didn't agree with plastic surgery but loved me no matter what I decided she would be by my side to take care of me. I was so thankful! Yes I will admit I cried but was happy to finally tell her.

Telling family members

Scar supervision

So today I purchased this to diminish the look of my TT scar and some lipo scars. Price was about $45. I'm wondering if anyone here have tried it or other oils, ointments, and or creams?

Thank you for your happy thoughts. @ jazmine

Swollen

By the end of the day I am so swollen and I see no hour glass figure on my body. I had lipo 10y ago then again this time with my TT and you could see where my waist went in and the curves in my hips. Now my waist and hips seem the same width. Maybe I'm just venting. Next Tuesday will be week 3 post op.

Exercise so far

I've been limiting myself to walking 2-3 miles a day and bike riding sometimes only 3 miles. Today was my first day walking the dogs and it went great we did 2 miles. I continue to hate my CG it's so hot out and I have to wear two one for the top arms and chest and the bottom shorts that covers my waist and back.

Dancing

Yes stupid me went out dancing said I would only sit and watch and now I'm in major pain I danced all night. That's major workout. I'm staying in bed icing and wearing my CG alllllllll day

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Met up w an old friend today

Was going for a turtle walk at the park but there he is I couldn't resist myself we went to a karaoke bar me in yoga wear and tennis. He was buff and what does he tell me that I've gained weight but look good. Oh ladies has a guy ever told you this.... :( yes granted I'm really swollen but gee he brought me down. I'm still hating this CG and no I did not have it on when I went out for a walk. I sweat all day wearing it at work. Pls I'm just passed week three and feeling anxious I want my sexy body now I want to jog not turtle walk and work out.

Almost to week 4

I must admit I'm not eating healthy. I need to get back to eating healthy. Work yesterday and today was a real killer. I get home eat and sleep that's all I do. I feel I'm letting my kids down during their summer break. I need to get everything under control. Haven't been doing much of anything else no walking or bike riding. I'm in pain unable to walk straight after work. I cried myself to sleep last night. I hope things get better soon.

Any pics
It's still early in the process don't beat yourself up. I was in pain for 2 weeks and you're not supposed to work out for at least 4 weeks. At that point you can do light cardio, then by 6 weeks full routine. However I'm at like 8 weeks and I still have tender spots and I can't do a full routine. I just started working out at home. It's gonna be baby steps, hang in there.
Thank you Jazmine for the encouragement. You are right baby steps.

Here's some pics

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

TT scar is healing nicely

Yes sorry I do need to post my pics I'm just so self conscious.

Body pics

How are you feeling dear? I am going for lipo in nine days I am beyond anxious. You were up and moving around right away, I thought that early exercise brings on more swelling? Have you not found that to be true?
I should have waited awhile before working out. Too late now I'm taking it calm I walk around but try not to over do it. You'll love the lipo it's not as painful as a tummy tuck.
How are you feeling? Are you a little more pleased with your results?

Period

Still waiting on my period it's over a week late. Not sure if the TT procedure delayed it but I'm pretty consistent with it. I can no longer get pregnant so I'm not worried about that. Plus I haven't had intercourse I'm scared of the pain. I'm just worried since I'm always on time.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Feeling a little down today

Feeling kinda depressed today hate wearing spanx to work I finally got my period. Not feeling satisfied with my body shape yet. I know I'm still experiencing lots of swelling. My clothes still doesn't fit. ????

don't get down. I was down too cuz it's only natural to want to see the results immediately....i'm 10 weeks post out and i'm still telling myself that I still have a long ways to go before i'm gonna see final results. Hang in there and I know i'm trying to.
Aww I hate u r feelin depress.. I really can't tell due to u having on a lot of clothes...I hope n due time u start to like..☆★☆DNT B SAD☆★☆★

6 wks po

Wearing spanx during work day and CG at night. High temps and CG even spanx don't do well together. I've noticed less swelling. Had my appointment yesterday w/my dr said everything was looking good. I'm clear to work out. Last week I did my first 5k race post op and had to fast walk it rather than jog but I was fine with that. I do have an area on the TT which didn't seal right so I might end up having minor surgery to fix that.

hi honey, haven't heard from you in a while. I'm hoping you're doing great. Would love to hear how things are going.
Hey hon. I'm good. Gaining weight in my thighs....so I have to walk and do my squats.....I want to get my breast reduced.....they have always been too big for my frame. I'm going to look into that this spring....by April, and maybe some Lipo in my upper back area. How you doing? My TT STILL look awesome!!! Thanks for checking on me.
so glad to hear you're still doing great!
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Great experience definitely recommend him to anyone thinking about plastic surgery. He answered all my questions was extremely patient with me. His office called the next day and made sure I was doing ok. I have no doubts I picked the best.