Worth It! - Denver, CO

I've always struggled with acne, i had little...

I've always struggled with acne, i had little relief with hormones & proactive. It was alright for a few years, but I recently had a huge flair up due to some bad skin care product I started using. I decided to do PDT w/levulan and am so glad I did. My skin is so much better! I have no active acne anymore (Seriously) and my poor size has improved so much.

Cons:
The first few days after are pretty brutal. I was red, swollen, had little white heads all over that I had to deal with. I looked like I had a severe sun burn. Also you must must must not go outside. Even a quick walk to my car was super painful bc it kept reactivating the Levulan which made my face feel on fire. Couldn't wear makeup for the first 4 days. Had to use Gross aquafor.

Pros:
I only did one treatment and saw such a dramatic improvement. Better than having to take an antibiotic. You can still use whatever skin care line you are used to after the fact. If you can stand the first 4-7 days after it is totally worth it. I had such a great response.

Dr. Greta McLaren