Words Can Hardly Describe the Feeling....Denver, CO

I'm 28 years old and have suffered from...

I'm 28 years old and have suffered from hyperhydrosis for the last 14 years. It seemed hard enough being a teenager, and this was one more thing to add to my insecurities. Through these years, there wasn't a moment in the day that I wouldn't think about how much I was sweating....and that seemed to make me sweat more.

Everyday I would wear a black cardigan or jacket over my shirt/tanktop and would always make sure not to raise my arms, to make sure no one could see how much I was sweating. It could be the middle of winter and sweat would still drip from the back of my arm. I found myself not knowing if I was hot or cold because I would be shivering and sweating all at the same time. In time, my clothes would get a stench and I would have to find more black cardigans. I tried drysol, certain dry, clinical protection-everything, shirts made with sweat protection under the arms,and even a device called "Drionic"- and they all failed. Eventually, I was checking the internet every few weeks to see if there was anything new that would help my hyperhydrosis, this is when I found MiraDry.

The numbing shots were the only painful part in my experience. I also had extreme swelling for about 3-4 days, but ice definitely helped. My elbow to my armpit was numb for about 2 weeks, and after a month it is now just numb right in the center of my right arm pit. I still sweat a little---but it's definitely not "dripping" out and seems to dry quickly.

This treatment truly changed my life. I have never been more confident and am able to wear what I want now. So many people have this condition and have to deal with these issues everyday. I just hope one day some sort of insurance coverage is available to help cut the cost.

I'm having the procedure done next week. I'm skeptical, but hopeful! I've dealt with the same issues as you've described above as well as all of the products you used too! The only difference is is that I've dealt with it a little longer (45 now and have been dealing with it since I was 17!!)!! I was at the point where I've accepted it, but I'm still willing to give this a shot!! The first thing I am going to purchase if this works is a magenta silk shirt!!! ;)

How are you feeling about the second treatment? I know sometimes its nice knowing exactly what you are going to have done, but other times ignorance is bliss.

I have my second treatment scheduled in September:)

wow mcgirl28. What a great story to share. I cannot imagine with summer here having to wear a sweater as you did. So happy you found a treatment that works for you. They say it can take two treatments...do you think you'll need a second one?