Absolutely Thumbs Up! - Denver, CO

I decided to get a facelift after seeing photos...

I decided to get a facelift after seeing photos from my 40th HS reunion. Lifestyle in Denver offered an additional discount on the procedure because I took an appointment time that had been cancelled by another client. I love a bargain! I look easily ten years younger. Everyone has noticed how much better I look.

One thing: nothing any provider tells you will prepare you for the swelling and bruising post-op. Of course, your mileage may vary. In my case, I had LOT of sagging skin and tissue, which may have made my swelling/bruising worse. The first two days I thought "what have I done to myself?? This is terrible!" But after about 4 or 5 weeks, as the swelling & bruising went down, I was thrilled!

Jennifer Emmett

Dr. Emmett was described as "detail oriented", which appealed to me. She described accurately how the post-operative recovery would be, which I appreciated. That said, nothing can prepare you for the swelling and bruising afterwards. It's pretty significant! The first three days were miserable and I ate mostly soft foods or smoothies. The first day I could not keep any food down. All this was described in the literature the nurses gave me before the surgery. I'm now about 9 weeks post-surgery, still have some residual swelling ( to be expected), but am absolutely thrilled with my results! One thing: I awoke part way through the procedure and needed another dose of Valium. At the time I felt as if I was unable to breathe. I realize now it was a combination of the swelling and the doctor snugging up my neck and jaw tissues. At no time was I frightened or worried, though. They gave me reassurance, gave me the extra dose of Valium, and I went back to "sleep" for the remainder of the procedure. I think my surgery took a bit longer than most because of my saggy, sun-damaged skin. Dr Emmett said she'd never had to move SO MUCH tissue on any other patient! We had a laugh about that at the post-op evaluation just a few days ago.

Wow, fantastic results! I had mine nearly 5 months now and I'm still loving it.