Worth It - Denver, CO

Full face CO2 laser. Went to a highly-skilled...

Full face CO2 laser. Went to a highly-skilled plastic surgeon. Now 14 days postop.

I had used Retin-A daily for about 3 months prior to the procedure. Healing time was reduced. Still have redness, but easily covered with Estee Lauder Maximum Cover makeup that looks very natural. Two spots remain that require Aquaphor.

Stayed inside x 7 days following procedure. Kept Aquaphor on 24/7. Be prepared for a lengthy recovery. However, the result thus far is worth it. Much smoother skin after grade IV cystic acne with resulting scarring. Previously had Erbium laser which made appearance worse.

In the 1980s, I had three (3) dermabrasions. The CO2 laser was a piece of cake compared to those dermabrasions which took up to 3 weeks to recover from. CO2 is MUCH better than dermabrasion, fractional lasers, and erbium. CO2 is the gold standard in lasers and carries the highest recommendation for helping acne scarring.

Denver Oculoplastic Surgeon

Dr. P is absolutely one of the best doctors I have ever seen. Highly-skilled, very personable. Surgery suite on-site which was important to me because I didn't want any hospital-acquired infection. Procedure went well. Recovered at home without a problem. Postop visits well-timed and productive.

Did you have wrinkles & did the CO2 laser treatment eliminate them? I am considering CO2 for my surface & deep wrinkles around my mouth & chin. I am 62 yrs old. Will the laser eliminate these wrinkles or do I really need a face lift?

Hi Convo,

Welcome to the CO2 Laser community. I'm glad you had such a positive experience. What prompted you to have this procedure? Are you going to have more in the future? We would love to see pictures if you are comfortable sharing. Please keep us updated.

Thanks so much for the review,

-Britt

I've been through a number of procedures to correct acne scarring that was moderately severe. The CO2 laser is the best for this type of problem. The recovery was long, but well worth it. I am now 18 days postop and the result looks great. I realize there is still some swelling so the result may be less next week, but I would not hesitate to do the Co2 laser again and with Dr. Popham. Ophthalmology is the most difficult medical specialty and this physician is able to target treatment to reach problem areas that gives a good result. I only wish I would have met this MD in the 1990s. I would have saved a lot of money and had better results. Thank you.

Thanks for the added info Conv!