A Comprehensive Review - Denver, CO

Before I decided to get Invisaligns, I had a ton...

Before I decided to get Invisaligns, I had a ton of questions and anxiety, looking everywhere to find a review that would answer all my questions. Hopefully this one does for those of you still thinking.

Teeth Condition: crowding on both top and bottom. I was afraid Invisalign would only treat minor teeth problems, but it was able to treat my condition, so definitely go in for a consultation (they're free)

Treatment length: 39 trays (2nd longest case in my dental office) & estimated year and a half treatment (I'm on my 23rd tray)

Cost: I was lucky enough to find a dentist that charges the same price for all cases (so I'm pretty sure you can too!), from mild to difficult and long term (like mine).
Total: $4500
Insurance: $2000
Out of Pocket: $2000 - year and a half payment plan through CareCredit without interest.
Monthly Payment: ~111.00

Is it painful? I haven't felt any significant pain, no. Your teeth are sensitive and ache the first few days of your new trays, but after that you can hardly feel them. I would recommend beginning to wear new trays at night so the first 6-8 hours that they're in, you'll be sleeping. I haven't had any problems with the trays being sharp and cutting my cheeks or tongue. If the trays go are too long, you can cut the back or have your dentist sand it down for you. It's been 9 months and no additional cavities (like many have stated).

Is it annoying to brush after every meal? Yes, but you get used to it. Carry around a small toothbrush and travel size toothpaste.

My experience with Invisalign has been a very positive one. It really depends on how well you take care of your teeth...make sure to brush often and floss everyday (this is important).

Saliva is a mildly toxic substance in your mouth that naturally cleans it, but with the trays blocking the saliva, more food can get stuck between your teeth. If you don't floss often, you're at risk for tartar building up on your gums and getting gum disease.

You are supposed to wear the trays 20-22 hours a day, but sometimes I travel and am unable to do that. It hasn't caused major problems, but I would still advise wear them at any possible time to get results faster.

As with anything, you need to be patient, persistent, and work hard at it in order to get good results. I'm very happy with my results and the experience has been very easy for me.

Hope this review helps answer some questions! Whether you're still afraid/skeptical or have already decided on getting them, getting a consultation is worth it. See if this is right for you!

One month away- two trays left! I'm down to my...

One month away- two trays left!

I'm down to my last two trays and couldn't be happier. My teeth look great and I even got four wisdom teeth taken out during my treatment. Will update with a final picture!
Summerbrook Dental

My doctor has been absolutely wonderful, along with his team at the dental office. Everyone is very pleasant and helpful. The care is top notch, they're really looking out for your dental health. The payment process is a breeze.

Thanks for posting an update to your review! That is so exciting that you are almost done - can't wait to see your final pictures!! :)

I live in Florence, AL. I am extremely interested in Invisalign and was wanting to know the best dentist to go to! Thank you!

Hey JLynn0726,

The community member who posted this review noted that she had her Invisalign done in Denver, CO. My guess is she won't be familiar with any dentists in Florence, AL.

What you can do, is click on the Find a Doctor tab near the top of the page. You can then search for dentists in your area, and read reviews posted about them, read their profiles, and their answers to Q&A's. That way you can hopefully see if they are someone you want to consider going to or not.

Hope that helps some :)

Hi
I live in Florence, AL and I actually just went to Coker Family Dentistry today to get my molds done to be sent off to invisalign. I think the Coker Family Dentistry is the only dentist office here that does invisalign, but I've really enjoyed going to them. They are professional and very nice!

I am going to get mine done I think. You are so pretty by the way, you look gorgeous.

Hello! Iam also from Denver Colorado and have been strongly thinking about getting invisalign. Iam not sure where to go so I was wondering where did you go for your invisalign? It would be greatly appreciated.
Hi! I am currently at Summerbrook Dental and I absolutely LOVE it there. My dentist is Doctor Jim Craig; he is wonderful and so is his staff. Check them out!

What insurance did you use that covered Invisalign?

I don't know if it's the invisalign, but you're gorgeous.

That is great you haven't had any problems with the trays being sharp. As I'm sure you have noticed from reading other reviews that is rare. Your dental team must be doing an excellent job to inspect the trays before they deliver them to you - that is awesome!

Do you have attachments/buttons on your teeth, or were you able to get by with just the plain trays?

My dental team is phenomenal! I really think your experience depends on who you choose as your provider.

I actually have a total of 6 total buttons on top and 6 on the bottom! They're tooth colored and painless to put on. Some are more visible than others because they're all different sizes..but for as many as I have on my teeth, only a couple are actually apparent.

Thanks for posting the pictures. You are right, you can see them in picture of you in the white top, but they don't look bad.

Glad you are having such a positive experience! :)

dear Megan,
No dental team needs to inspect/sand down the aligner edges. they are 0.3mm thick and not sharp to the touch,and very difficult to smooth if required.
In 680 adult patients I get about 5 patients per year
(out of 120 per year)who intially may complain of the tongue being sore, but the tongue gets used to it.After about 3 aligners they are usually fine.
Invisalign is precisely cut not to be sharp. It is the soft tissues that sometimes encroach upon them.
Dr R Kumar

Interesting Dr. Kumar, it seems to be a common complaint I read in the reviews.