Painless but Unsure of Results - Denver, CO

Today I had smartlipo on my chin and my jowls. My...

Today I had smartlipo on my chin and my jowls. My main purpose was to get a more defined, manlier jawline. One incision was made right under my chin, which is weird, because on my consultation my surgeon said he would make two more incisions behind my earlobes. I asked him about this after the procedure and he said he didn’t need to because he could reach everything from that one incision.

There’s a question here on realself about this and the doctors say they can get better results with three incisions, so I am a little concerned that my surgeon just wanted to finish quick and that’s why he didn’t make 3 incisions. The procedure was really quick and painless but I was scared to death seeing wha he was putting in me and then kinda agressively moving it around. Sometimes I could smell something burning too.

The lipo itself didn’t last longer than 15 minutes. The thing I was the most afraid of is nerve damage. The first thing I checked was if my smile was symetric and thank god it was. I’ve come home and immediately took the compression garment off just for a quick peek of what I look like now. I have little to no improvement. It does seem a tiny little better but it might be because sometimes I hold my head differently and than it looks better. I was secretly hoping for a miracle but it’s clearly not the case.

Well I’m hoping for the best and I hope it’ll look better. It’s starting to hurt a little and the compression garment is really uncomfortable, but I am far more worried about my final results than a little unconvenience.

It's been more than 24 hours since surgery. It's...

It's been more than 24 hours since surgery. It's amazing that I hardly had any pain. Both he surgery and the recovery are basicly painless. The neck strap is a pain in the neck (haha ^^), it's uncomfortable and I only go out for walks at night with a scarf and a hat but well, I knew what I signed up for.
Well I have serious doubts about the results. I read Eric's review on this site (I wish I had read it earlier) and I highly suspect my results won't solve my problem either, just like his lipo didn't give him great results. I didn't really have a ton of excess fat, it's just my neck muscle that has that shape. I might go for a neck lift too, although I am just 24 years old. I'm still hoping for the best anyway, but if things don't turn out the way I wish, I'll only have myself to blame.

It is day 3. I have no bruising from the lipo...

It is day 3. I have no bruising from the lipo whatsoever, I wonder if the tons of pineapple I ate had anything to do with it. The chin strap does hurt the lower part of my neck though and it's pretty red underneath. It also hurts a little when I swallow and it's itchy underneath, probably because of the beard growing. The doctor advised me to wear it for 4-5 days but I'll wear it till monday anyway. That's gonna be day 6. I can't wait to take it off.

It is day 5 and I took it off so I can wash my...

It is day 5 and I took it off so I can wash my face. It looks worse than before. It's all swollen and my face is puffier than ever. It scares me to death I hope it'll look better. :o

It has been almost three weeks. I only wear the...

It has been almost three weeks. I only wear the compression garment at night now. Ihave no to minimal improvement so far and no one has noticed any change, but that is not unexpected. I only had a little fat removed. It might take a little longer for the result to be visible. I feel a small lump under my chin and two more small lumps along my jawline. If I'll have some change in the contour of my jawline or chin, I will say doing this was worth it because I had not pain or bruising at all. The chinstrap was the worst part of the whole thing.

It's been two months. Sometimes I think there is a...

It's been two months. Sometimes I think there is a slight difference, sometimes I think there's no difference at all.
I cannot decide. One thing is for sure, it's not any worse.

It's been over a year now and I do see a little improvement. It is better now, although I've been getting some skin tightening stuff too. It's better then it used to be, but it is still not as good as i wish it was. It's still bothering me. If I could do it all over again, I would probably go for the necklift thing that some other guys here on this forum have had. It seems to bring better results. However, I wouldn't say it was not worth the money, but the head strap was a nightmare.. I wouldn't want that again!
I couldn't agree with you more! The worst part is definitely the head strap. The procedure itself is fine. I'm also 24 and had chin lipo a little over a week ago to achieve a more defined and masculine jawline. But to my disappointment, there has been no improvement. It also doesn't help when the doctor is sterile and you can't get an honest opinion or feedback out of her. Do you think I should bother wearing the head strap for longer than a week as advised by the doctor. I just feel the result is unlikely to improve and I would rather get on with my life then stay indoors with this horrible bandage strapped to my head.
The change was slight, but I think your profile improved a bit. I am thinking of doing this procedure as well. Thank you for sharing the photos!
Hi Kris,
Some of the docs I visited did say I would benefit from a chin implant. I might do it one day, although the thing is, that I really don't have a problem with the structure of my chin. It's small and a little receding but it doesn't bother me. I like it that way, I just don't like the extra fat or skin or whatever it that does not stick to my face the way it does for so many people. Especially along the jawline. I'm still hoping it'll get better in a month or so. I read the definite results show at about 3 months, although seeing little to no results after 2 months suggests I don't have overly bright prospects. :(
Hi Aaron,
Thank for sharing your experience and follow up!
Definitive result are maybe later visible...
Have you ever considered a chin implant? It is a minor surgery and you'll see a quicker result. I had it done about a week ago. During the operation it was also a little bit scary and the hours after I had to take some painkillers.

If anyone is interested we will be doing a live video chat with one of our Top doctors tonight at 5:15 pm (PST), specifically around chin augmentations, implants, lipo where anybody can ask questions and get real-time answers. If you're interested, sign up here.

Surgery is very temporary with possible nerve
damage of varying degrees. Chin ups are the
best of the exercises. Daily consistency over
months yields results.
Exercises work slowly with changes visible in 4-6 mo.
if performed daily.
Surgical neck lifts last 5-7 years. The skin on the
neck is very delicate and starts to go within 2 years
followed slowly by the muscle.
Ouch, yeah, I'll try exercising before doing surgery again.
After any surgery the tissues are swollen with
lymph (edema) which is one of the body's
defenses when it is invaded. You need to follow
the instructions very strictly and not remove the
head wrap (bandage) which through compression,
is helping to diminish edema and encourage the
formation of the new smaller chin line. Do not
remove the bandage until the Dr. does it for you.
You should be pleased with the results.
I'm supposed to wear it for 4-5 days but I think I'll wear it for an entire week. The doctor said I could take it off for shaving and stuff that's why I wasn't worried about taking it off for a quick sec.
If you wish to completely firm up the muscle, do
chin ups or stretch your neck toward ceiling, hold,
then release. Intensify this exercise by sticking
your tongue out toward your nose, hold and release.
Repeat several times. You can also point your
chin straight out to the front and then over each
shoulder with the accompanying hold/release.
I kept my chin strap on for eight days and it worked.
I do have some loose skin, but I look better than
before. Do this twice daily for 3 mins and you will
notice a difference in time.
Thanks for the advice. I have tried some of these facial exercises and did the tongue sticking for like two months and didn't see a significant change. I even bought that neckline slimmer crap :) though i'm not really proud of that decision :)) Well I might try to do them again but honestly I'm not a 100% positive they'll do wonders on me. Did they REALLY work for you? Honestly?

Hi Aaron, thanks for sharing your experience with us. Hopefully with time you'll see some better results. You most likely ave some swelling at the moment, since you've only just had the procedure carried out. Please keep us updated on your progress.