30yr Old-Damon Clear Braces with Extreme Brodie Bite. Denver, CO

I've always dealt with my crooked teeth and bad...

I've always dealt with my crooked teeth and bad cross-bite or brodie bite on the right side. I've read several positive things about the Damon system and thought I would give it a try even though I'm a little late in the game. I'm a little petrified with the experience so far because of the "turbo bites" implants they had to put in the front (see pictures below). So far having them is horrible as I cant eat any solid foods and my speech is greatly effected. even worse, nobody has ever seen this type of turb bites and I cant find any info online.. I'm a little bummed that my orthodontist didn't warn me about them in my initial consultation. I have my first check up appointment is in a month and I would be totally bummed if the doc said I would need to keep them in longer.
Having the Damon braces so far have been great though. The first week was very painful because of the crowding of my teeth but now I don't feel much pain at all. Even after having them on for two weeks I can tell a difference which is amazing.

I just thought I would share my experience with everyone and maybe warn people to be absolutely clear with your orthodontist about the steps needed to fix your teeth if you have a "brodie" or crossbite as you may be surprised with the actual procedure when the time comes. Check out my photos to see what I am talking about! I guess this beats expensive jaw surgery but holy cow!! Thanks for reading and I will try to update in two weeks after my checkup visit. Wish me luck!!
Doctor Alleg

Overall, my doc was awesome and I look forward to working with him for the next two years..